Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I wonder about the ae100 fan. When i start my projector the fan is at high speed a few seconds and then i goes to low speed. But after 30 minutes the fan speed is getting higher, and it never goes back to low speed again. Does anyone share this problem?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
This isn't a problem, it is correct - it is the way the projector controls the temperature. When it senses the temperature getting too high, it increases fan speed to lower the temperature. Once the temperature is ok again, the fan decreases back to normal speed.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but it never goes back to normal speed. Does that mean that its too hot in the living room all the time? I have tried to deacrease the temerature in the living room. Before it was like 23 c and now it is 21 c.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Access the service menu to look at the temerature for ingoing air and outgoing air. Service menu: MENU>OPTION>OSN hold enter on remote for 5 sec. and go down to self check.

Are you running the projector in high or low mode?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Run the projector in low light mode.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks kent i will try that. And Jpinto i run the projector in low light mode. But i wonder maybe if the ae100 has two different kinds of low and high mode.

1. Low or high for the light(lamp) mode.

2. Low or high for the fan

If so the projector fan has 4 different speeds plus the extra high speed for rear projection. Anyone?

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
that is odd. When I had my ae100 I used to run it in low lamp mode and the fan never increased in speed. Near the end of my use of it, I was running it in high lamp mode (was getting some flicker in low lamp mode) and the fan would start out in the "high" setting but after 20 mins it'd drop down to almost low lamp mode speed levels. Never had ti shut off from being too hot or anything.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rlindo

Thanks for answering. Maybe it has something to to with the temperature in the room. How many degrees did you have in your room?

I have made my projectormount myself, and maybe it has something to do with it. I have an aluminium plate that is as big as the ae100, and its about 2 cm between the projector and the plate.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kent_L

I went into the self check and saw temp 1 and temp 2. temp 1 was about 135 and temp 2 was about 165. Can you tell me more about this. Is this farenheit? This was a little strange when i put the fan in high mode the temperature increased. It should have decreased?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I cant tell you much, I'm sorry.

but I think the reason for the temperature increasing is you blow more hot air to the sensor but I think that will drop fast as it gets cooled down. Have a look at the file attached. It will tell you about safety of the temperature.

I think the temperature is Celsius.

Cheers

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont think temp 1 or temp 2 shows either celius or farenheit, it must be something else.

·
Registered
269 Posts
AFAIK, the figures are neither Celsius nor Fahrenheit. Even stranger is the fact that the lower the figure the higher the temperature and conversly the higher the figure the lower is the actual temperature.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
It's not a temperature, it's just a number. Lower is hotter.

If the PJ is in low light mode, the fan can still be high... it is dependant on the heat of the projector, not the light mode. So, do you have a airflow problem?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont think i have a airflow problem.

But yesterday i found out something. If temp1 - temp2 = over 30 the fan increases. When the difference betveen temp1 and temp2 is lower than 30 the fan is at the very silent mode. Hmmm. The projector is roof mounted and its a air vent 1 meter from the back of the ae100. And i live in norway which is a cold country :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
The lower figure is the temp of the air at the air intake at the side with the dust filter. The higher figure is the internal temp.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Calibos

i looked at your homepage and saw a picture of your temp 1 ant temp 2. Then i took a calculator and subtracted temp2 from temp1. and the number i got was 22. That means that mine is hotter(over 30) and thats why you dont have any problem with the fanincreasing.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Mine does the exact same. Comes on with fan high, fan drops as projector begins operating with lamp on.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cpc

That is not the problem. It's like this: after a half hour the fan speed increases.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Opps. Gotcha. Ok then. I've used my AE100 for a few hours at a time. Once the projector is up to normal brightness and the fan has settled down to its lower setting, I haven't noticed a change in the fan speed. I'll check next time and see if there is a change.

:)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.