AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, this forum has proven to be extremely useful for me. I received my AE100 and am in the process of setting up my whole system, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm going to post in the HTPC forum about the computer I'm trying to build to match my projector, hopefully some of you can give me useful comments there.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,435 Posts
My first useful comment would be if you are building an HTPC just for the use of playing DVD's you might want to think about a DVD player instead. An RP-56 and an iscan would be cheaper and pretty well as good, but I'll let the expert ae100 owners chime in with their personal advice.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I seriously considered the DVD player route (and who knows, if the HTPC thing kills me maybe I still will!) but I think that I wanted to try the HTPC first before I gave up on the great picture everyone's raving about.

I'm being ambitious and trying to see how far back I can put the AE100 in my room (lots of space) to get a big picture, though I understand there are limits to this modest projector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.