Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have just spend some time reading post about the AE100 and some of you have asked about the servicemenu.

I fell over this post by David James about some problems with the AE100 (altitude sickness) and he mailed Panasonic US

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ighlight=ae100

The answer he received could indicate where the service menu on the AE100 might be

Look for the 3. post in the thread.

I dont yet have the AE100, so I cant check it out myself, but maybe some of you AE100 owners will?

/Lennart

·
Registered
458 Posts
That "Service Mode" just cycles through the 3 primary colors with a few test patterns. There are no adjustments in there. Maybe there is a more comprehensive service menu hidden in there, but that is not it.

Keith.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
All Panasonic's ......... To get further into the service menu, software from Panasonic is required, and it's not given out to Panasonic owners. I got this info from a Panasonic tech.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The projector is controllable via the serial port and somebody posted the protocol for controlling it. While the panasonic document that discussed the protocol was limited to commands that control user functions that are available via the remote control, no doubt the service menu options are accessed in the same fashion. What we need is to get a couple of these things to some bored 15 year olds, and they'll hack it! :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
The AE100 does not have an externally accessible serial port, so the software isn't going to help at all. Perhaps there is an internal serial connection? Anyway, too many unknowns at the moment.

Keith.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.