AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've read various posts on the banding issues (horizontal, vertical, etc) with the AE100, but I haven't been able to find a fix.

Please let me know:

(a) for users who experience this banding, please let us know your setup, and if there was ever a fix

(b) for users who have never seen this banding, please let us know your setup

My two option setups for DVD playback below, both of which display different types of banding, which has recently become annoying.

Setup: Pioneer Interlaced DVD ---> 25' component cable ---> AE100

Output: 525i Image quality softer than setup #2

Problem: constant diagonal bands which sweep from lower left corner to upper right corner

Cause: ???? cable? DVD player?

Fix: ????

Setup: Pioneer Interlaced DVD ---> S-video ---> VB50HRTV ---> 25' VGA cable ---> AE100

Output: Wide480 Image quality sharper than setup #1

Problem: faint vertical bands across screen, also constrast on certain DVDs cycle bright/dark (probably due to Macrovision on VB50HRTV)

Cause: ???? cable? DVD player?

Fix: ????

· Registered
1,622 Posts
1#

Try disconnecting the tuner or composite connection from the projector and see if the diagonal stripes disappear. They did on mine. If I turn on the VCR (composite) while watching DVDs (component) I get diagonal stripes like you describe.

2#

Try connecting the Pioneer directly to the panasonic (not through the VB50HRTV). This might also be the LCD banding problem in which case it will show on all inputs, especially on gray areas.

Tor Arne

· Registered
39 Posts
#1:

I too have the same problem as Bozo. The component input used with ntsc source material generates some sort of banding from the lower left corner and goes upwards. I´ve tried unplugging different electrical sockets changing cables turning of videos, MD´s LD´s etc. I even tried unplugging the fridge. The problem is still there. But follow me here:

Component NTSC: Problem is there

Component PAL: No Problem

S-Video PAL/NTSC: No problem

Composite PAL/NTSC: No problem

So there you have it, it only shows on component with NTSC. I´ve heard this from one more person here in Sweden using the same DVD player as me a Sony DVP-S7700 "Region 2 made codefree"

I´d like to test with a different player that can output progressive. All three of us that has gotten this problem have used an interlaced NTSC signal, so there might be something fishy there.

#2:

This seems to be the basic issue almost everybody is talking about. These vertcal bars shows on almost every projector what I have heard and no soklution has been presented, yet.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey European buds....how's it going over there?

Anyways, to respond to the two posts:

Tor:

#1 - I don't have VCR hooked up in my configuration

#2 - The only way I can hook up direct from AE100 to the DVD is component (issue #1), I don't have a 25' S-video

cable.

Niklas:

#1 - I've tried almost everything too, except unplugging the fridge. And it is quite fishy because my Pioneer DVD

player is also multi-region (code free)!!! Could it be

code free DVD problem? I would also like to try

another interlaced DVD player or a progressive DVD

player to see. I wonder if any other forum users

try interlaced DVD. All I hear is the Panny Progressive

RP56 DVD player. Let me know after you try other DVD

player.

#2 - bummer....

Again, thank you both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.