AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the plunge and purchased a Plus Piano, with the 10 day demo and 14 day RMA deadline, I will have it for 24 glorious days. I must say, it is even BETTER than I expected. Hardest part, I am afraid, will be convincing my wife to let me keep it.

Last week I visited RitzAV and saw the AE100. The salesperson invited me back for a showdown between the Panasonic and Plus. Unfortunately, they do not have the AE-100 hooked up via VGA and were clueless regarding Powerstrip.

As I would like to see both projectors at their pixel-perfect best, is there anyone in the Baltimore/DC area who would be willing to meet me in Beltville with a PC, and/or would like to see a Piano/AE-100/75u Showdown ?

Thanks,

CG

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Hi CG,

Just in case you hadn't heard - according to a thread here on the new model, Plus is blowing out the current HE-3100 Piano for $2499 this weekend. You might call them and ask if they'll give you that price.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fredzy
I finally took the plunge and purchased a Plus Piano, with the 10 day demo and 14 day RMA deadline, I will have it for 24 glorious days. I must say, it is even BETTER than I expected. Hardest part, I am afraid, will be convincing my wife to let me keep it.

Last week I visited RitzAV and saw the AE100. The salesperson invited me back for a showdown between the Panasonic and Plus. Unfortunately, they do not have the AE-100 hooked up via VGA and were clueless regarding Powerstrip.

As I would like to see both projectors at their pixel-perfect best, is there anyone in the Baltimore/DC area who would be willing to meet me in Beltville with a PC, and/or would like to see a Piano/AE-100/75u Showdown ?

Thanks,

CG
Haven't need powerstrip on my PC yet but if you like I can haul my HTPC to Beltsville sometime. I have a demo version of pstrip on my pc still in its original zip file :) I think it's a 2.x version.

Nigel

·
Registered
39 Posts
Where were you 3 weeks ago when I drove 4 1/2 hours to Beltsville? I would have loved seeing the piano in action along side the other 2 projectors. You are also right about them not having the AE100 hooked up via VGA. You would think that they would have had this fixed by now considering it was one of the things requested by my friend and I while we were there. Hope you can work this out as I'd love to read the reviews.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nigel -

That'd be great if you'd be willing to come to Beltville sometime this coming week with your HTPC. RitzAV closes at 5, but the sales rep said he would stay late for me to come after work. I can make it any day except Wed. (The following week works for me as well) Let me know when is a good time for you.

Chris :

Thanks for the tip. I hope I can get through to Plus on Sunday to get the lower price.

CG

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
p.s. Chris -

I just checked plushometheater.com and they list the price as $2699. Where did you see it for $2499 ?!?

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fredzy
Nigel -

That'd be great if you'd be willing to come to Beltville sometime this coming week with your HTPC. RitzAV closes at 5, but the sales rep said he would stay late for me to come after work. I can make it any day except Wed. (The following week works for me as well) Let me know when is a good time for you.

Chris :

Thanks for the tip. I hope I can get through to Plus on Sunday to get the lower price.

CG
Hi,

Hmmm...I think Wed was the only day I could make it this week. Next week might be better.

Nigel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello. I have been reading this forum for sometime and have finally registered. I will be moving to Florida soon and setting up a new home theater (I've been living with a 31' direct view Mit for several years). I am torn between a Pioneer Elite 65' rptv or a FPTV. Your discussions regarding these three projectors have intrigued me as I have been unable to audition any FPTV except the Sharp 9000 at Gramaphone LTD. I live near the airport in Linthicum, Maryland. Would it be possible to get together with you guys and see some of these projectors in action? Thanks.

Richard

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rstammer
Hello. I have been reading this forum for sometime and have finally registered. I will be moving to Florida soon and setting up a new home theater (I've been living with a 31' direct view Mit for several years). I am torn between a Pioneer Elite 65' rptv or a FPTV. Your discussions regarding these three projectors have intrigued me as I have been unable to audition any FPTV except the Sharp 9000 at Gramaphone LTD. I live near the airport in Linthicum, Maryland. Would it be possible to get together with you guys and see some of these projectors in action? Thanks.

Richard
Looks like RitzAV carries projectors. I know that MyerEmco carries a couple brands but very few stores have them set up. Runcos I think.

There's another get together comming up...this time in...um Winchester VA. Kinda a hike but should be fun. I think it's in the 5K+ forum.

I have no objections if ya want to come to RitzAV but its not my demo. :)

Nigel

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Richard -

The more, the merrier. I'd be happy, if you came along. I can pick you up on the way down, if you'd like. In fact, if you have a interlaced DVD player you can bring, that'd be great. (which the piano requires and they don't have at Ritz) Otherwise, not I can bring mine.

Nigel -

What is your schedule like next week ? What is a good day for you. Monday - Wednesday evenings work best for me.

CG

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Wednesday is better, Monday I'm having my car worked on.

I'll send you PM with my contact info. Is there any particular software you want on my box? I have the demo PS as I mentioned (ver 2.16 I think) and I'm ordering TT from DC today.

I run WinDVD normally.

Nigel

·
Registered
3 Posts
So don`t bother doing a shoot out....Isn`t the Piano leaps better than the AE 100?

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AJ Abrams
Nigels money all goes for HT no money left over for that new car......... j/k too funny.
Oh, heh, its a matter of priority. I have decided that my "new" goal is to have the 4th fastest car in my parking lot. :) There's a vette, a 911 and one of the faster T/As (the Firehawk variant? The one with the ramair). After that there a few beemers and a couple of Audis.

At that rate I can update my beater car with a new engine and a few mods and get there for around 10K. :) I WAS thinking about a NSX but the lack of a garage brought me to my senses...okay that and I really hate being car poor.

Nigel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fredzy,

Thanks. I'd love to come. Wednesday is good for me. However, if we rode together I'd have to leave work early as I work in Baltimore and my hours are 8:30 - 5:00 p.m. I live in Linthicum and am only a few minutes from the intersection of Baltimore/Washington Parkway and the Baltimore Beltway. To be in Beltsville by 5:00 or a little later, I guess we would have to leave Linthicum no later than 4:15. Is that doable for you?

Richard

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Fredz:

Apparently that $2499 was a price good only at the New York Home Entertainment show for one weekend. A special show price. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Wanted to confirm with everyone that it's this Wednesday (6/12) at 5pm at the RitzAV on Rt1 in Beltsville?

Depending on traffic I may be a couple mins late...and I think I know where it is.

Nigel

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UPDATE:

RitzAV now has Powerstrip. I talked with the sales rep today, and they are trying to get it working with the PT-AE100. Don't know if they'll get working by Wednesday. Nigel, you probably don't need to lug you HTPC all the way to Beltville after all. I would still like to encourage you, and and anyone else, to please attend.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The shootout is scheduled for 6:00 pm tommorow, 6/12. nigel_ht and rstammer, I sent you both PMs yesterday. Please confirm. Richard, I need directions to where you are at in Lithicum to pick you up on the way down.

CG

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.