AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am finally going to work on tweaking my AE100...

I have the Pioneer 47A > transcoder > VB50 (VGA pass-thru) > AE100

I have the AE100 on the WIDE480 setting and the first thing I noticed when I went from NORMAL setting to WIDE is that my picture no longer fits perfectly on my 52" x 92" screen.

In the NORMAL setting it fits nearly perfectly on this 16 x 9 screen, and now with the WIDE setting I had to zoom it in a bit (making the picture smaller) and now there is at least 3 inches on the bottom of my DaLite screen that is unused. It's bugging me to the point where I will eventually probably mask it.

What happened here? In the normal setting was I looking at a slightly elongated/distorted picture? Did I gain or lose something???

I must admit the NORMAL setting Vs. the WIDE setting is no comparison. The WIDE setting PQ is far superior to the NORMAL setting.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Have you tried moving the picture using the v-pos on the position menu?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
>> have the Pioneer 47A > transcoder > VB50 (VGA pass-thru) > AE100

>>

do you really need the transcoder? thought the VB50 already has the VGA pass-thru? thx in advance.

lenny

·
Registered
126 Posts
dragonbud0

I don't think the pioneer 47A does vga out. If you remove the transcoder, what is the use of the vga pass-through on the VB50? What exactly would you be passing through?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dragonbud0
>> have the Pioneer 47A > transcoder > VB50 (VGA pass-thru) > AE100

>>

do you really need the transcoder? thought the VB50 already has the VGA pass-thru? thx in advance.

lenny
Yes the VB50 does have VGA pass-thru...

I use the VB50 for cable/satellite/VCR/Tivo viewing (S-video connection input)... I use the Pioneer 47A with Component video connections to the transcoder to the VB50HRTV with the VGA pass-thru to the PC input on the AE100.

The only way to get the WIDE480 mode, which in my view is the best way to view the AE100, is to use the VGA input.

This way I only have to send 1 cable (VGA only) through the wall Vs. 2 (S-video and VGA), and easily allows me to switch between the 2 input connections, rather than fumble in and out of the AE100 menu.

My question is: JPinto, what does V-POS do? I see a lot of people tinker with these settings...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Namlemez
V-POS is the Vertical Positioning. Adjusting that raises and lowers the picture...
Hmmm... if that is the case then I don't think that will help for me. If all it is doing is adjust the height then the image still will not fit my screen. I imagine it has to do with the scaling on the WIDE480 setting... It's just annoying when the screen is no longer properly masked off like it was before.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this screen size using the WIDE480 setting. Am I???

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JPinTO
Have you tried moving the picture using the v-pos on the position menu?
JPinto,

I lied... My wife was messing around with the settings and she tried the V-POS on the menu and she got it to work. Not sure what happened the first time I tried it. She had to set it to +17 and now it fits nearly perfect on my screen once more. THANKS!

-Jinho

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.