AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know the Z1 gives you higher lumens, contrast and higher resolution, but having just picked up a very decent AE100 I wonder what the AE200 is like. I still believe the real advantage of the AE100/200 is the ability to do pixel perfect without much hassle. If you are an AE200 owners, how are you enjoying the AE200? Have you compared it with the older AE100 or the 200's rival, the Z1?

thanx :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I think the Z1 is more the 300's rival than the 200's rival (Z1 resolution = 300 resolution and 200 resolution = 100 resolution).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi, my name is Todd, I have a AE200.

I'm slowly approaching 200hrs on the bulb and I love this projector.

Although the only thing that I can compare it to is the AE100, I had about 150 hrs on the bulb then it (AE100) developed a strange blue flickering.

Used that opportunity to upgrade to the AE200 (the AE300 was only rumored at the time).

I'm using the AE200 with a Iscan Pro and Sony interlaced dvd player, i'm very pleased with this combination for movies. I've recently purchased a Hoya FLD filter, so far i'm undecided if i like it or not. Screendoor is a non issue 90% of the time w/ Dalite matte white screen 45x80 seated 13ft away.

Satelite and laserdisc is also good with the Iscan Pro.

The AE200 provides a slightly better pic from all sources w/less screendoor than the AE100 IMO. I prefer the remote and menu of AE200 as well.

Any other AE200 users out, don't be afraid step forward :)

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. Good feedback. I realize its not really a huge upgrade, but after using this AE100 for a while, a used AE200 is still a very inexpensive option too. A stop gap until the ne ones come out later.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have 339 hours on my AE200 and I love it. I use it 75% for movies and 25% for XBox.

My guests are absolutely amazed that my 8' screen looks better than their "large" screen TVs and I paid one third what they paid.

--Burke

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

I have the ae200 from japan and i am using it with an htpc. Very good picture with my matte white da-lite in 106'' wide. Not so visible screendoor amazing colours very very good black i just love it... I haven't seen the ae100 with a htpc but i can tell i have better picture than the x1 the nec45 the nec 440 and the nec 450. I have seen them side by side with ae200. I think that for the money i 've paid it's an amazing pj. I also have a philips 32'' widescreen tv that costs 50% more!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.