AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using a progressive DVD player (RP62) and component connection, I checked the "Signal Mode" on the "Picture Menu" and it reads 525I. Does that mean the the projector is getting an interlaced signal?

--Burke

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Burke, I would say yes it does see it as interlaced. When I play PAL DVDs on my Pioneer interlaced player, I get 625I on my AE300 and when I play NTSC DVDs I get 525I. Does your RP62 not have a setting to switch betw interlaced and progressive or even a different set of output jacks (like the Philips that I looked at had)?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought. I pulled out the RP62 manual and found something. I had already set the player to Enable progressive output, but there is a button on the front of the player for "PROGRESSIVE OUT button/indicator". I haven't pushed the button, but I bet when I do, I'll see 525P on the AE200.

Just in case anyone else needs the manual, here it is...
http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/OperMa...ual.asp?Pass=3

The progressive out information is on page 8.

Another case of RTFM!

--Burke

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I press it once, does it "stick"? Or, do I have to press it every time I play a disc?

I was pretty happy with my picture before. I can't wait to get home now and press that button! :)

--Burke

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
just need to press it once.

I have the RP91 and there is a blue light that lights up when it is in prog scan mode. Does the rp62 also have the blue light above the button?

That is weird that it doesn't come default to prog scan mode. Can't remember if my Rp91 did or not. Have had it for over a year now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.