AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had my XBox connected to my AE200 with the HD AV pack, I used component cables and the image filled the 16x9 screen. I had to switch to S-Video (and the Advanced AV pack) but now the image is 4x3. The XBox is set to output 16x9, but the image is still 4x3.

Did I miss some setting? Is S-Video always 4x3?

--Burke

·
Registered
69 Posts
It depends on the game. I don't know alot about the ae200, but if you set the xbox to 16:9 and then go into a game, let's say Halo, and halo is actually 4:3, then the only way you would get 16:9 on the pj, is if you were to manually tell it to goto 16:9, which you would then end up with squished image. Now you pj probably remebers its settings for each input.

For example, on my VT45, my xbox is hooked through component, and I have it set for 16:9 as well my PJ is set to that mode as well, when I put a game in that is 4:3, it automatically switches to that mode, and then back again if I'm at the Xbox menu, or if I want to play a 4:3 game in 16:9 then I have to tell my pj to do that.

When I switch to svideo for my dish, it remembers that I had it set to the 4:3 mode, but If I were to tell my pj to go 16:9 then it would remember that next time I switched to svideo.

so I'm guessing that your AE200 does the same, and the last time you had svideo on, it was already in 4:3 mode.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That might be it. I have my VCR connected to the projector via S-Video. The AE200 must have switched S-Video to 4:3 because the VCR outputs 4:3.

Thanks,

Burke

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was it. I set the projector to 16x9 for S-Video and everything is great again (except I played Halo for an hour but barely made any progress). :rolleyes:

--Burke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.