AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to store Power Zoom setting(s) in the AE2000U so that they can be recalled later (e.g. for Auto-Zooming 16:9 & 4:3)?

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
I couldn't do this with my old AE1000 and I see nothing in the AE2000 manual that seems to allow this either. I'll know for sure next week, when I get my AE2000. I use mine in a 'ghetto' 2.35:1 setup, so it would have been useful.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll await your response. Strange that no current owner has the answer.

(I also posted the same question in the "under $3,000" forum a few days ago).

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I dunno of *any* pj that saves Zoom settings? As an alternative, you might want to consider setting-up a remote control with Macros to assert the zoom commands. The problem with this is that if you change zoom settings out-of-macro then the macros won't do what you expect. But you could have a 3rd macro (reset) I suppose that "overdrives" the Zoom to one position or the other, then the other two settings work from there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan /forum/post/12867051

I dunno of *any* pj that saves Zoom settings? As an alternative, you might want to consider setting-up a remote control with Macros to assert the zoom commands. The problem with this is that if you change zoom settings out-of-macro then the macros won't do what you expect. But you could have a 3rd macro (reset) I suppose that "overdrives" the Zoom to one position or the other, then the other two settings work from there.

So I guess that means that the AE2000 does not have it either for sure?

Pity, it would have swayed me to that projector..

Macro may work. Need to buy a separate remote for that I guess..

·
Registered
4,187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrande /forum/post/12867018

I also posted the same question in the "under $3,000" forum a few days ago

Did you try the AE2000 owner's thread?

The only mention I have seen to "memorizing zoom settings" is a member ID "70MM" who owns a Mitsu HC6000 and claims to do this. But I am skeptical as I own the HC4900 and have studied the HC5000 and HC6000 manuals and they all appear the same--no Zoom memories. You might want to go into the HC6000 owner's thread & press (or PM) him on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts