AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done several searches and all I have come up with is that there have been people who've had AE100s that have cleaned the panel to remove the dust blob. I can't figure out how to remove the cover to get at the panels. If anyone knows how to clean the panels on an AE100/200/300 please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'll bump this post as I have 2 dust blobs on my 300 and would love to know how to get rid of them...also, just wondering how much it would cost to have it serviced by a qualiied tech?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine AE300 was fine up until shortly after I cleaned the filter. Some dust must have fallen off of the filter or something when I took it out. I'm pretty sure it's dust because when I focus/defocus the blob also comes in and out of focus. I took the case off last night, but I have no idea were to spray the compressed air.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hmm, that is odd. I have vacuumed the filter 3 times now, once every 50 hours of the 150 I've put on it. No dust problems as of yet (really hope it stays that way). I do need to get a more powerful vacuum. While cleaning the filters makes a noticeable difference, there are still some light markings from where the airflow is. I guess one thing to make sure when you clean the filter is that the airflow of the vacuum should be in the opposite direction of the normal airflow. I also keep a bubble-wrap cover over the table "mounted" pj when not in use, but I'm not sure if this helps.

Mike U.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Surely someone must know which part of an AE300 (or AE100 for that matter) to spray to get the dust off. Does anyone know where the LCD panels are and how to access them?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
My highly scientific AE100 cleaning method:

-Purchase can of compressed air. Make sure it leaves no residue or film. It should indicate this on the bottle as being safe for video equipment

-Spray inside intake and extake you see

-Make sure to not let it get overly cold or point it down as this will spray the liquid stuff into it and it WILL leave a residue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.