AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting an AE300, but it has to go in my living room, so I would need to use a fairly elegant mount. The projector would also need to be angled down a bit (or angled down a lot if the mount doesn't have much drop).

Is anyone using the factory ceiling mount for the AE300? If you are, it would be helpful if you could comment on whether it's any good, and if possible post a picture of how it looks.

Are there any other makes of mount that look OK?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Im in the same boat...if I dont find one soon ill build it myself!

·
Registered
458 Posts
can you adjust the height and tilt of this DIY mount?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've got the chief mount for the Pany 300 and could not be more pleased.

It adjust up, down sideways, tilt and yaw.

The projector can be removed in a snap and reinserted and not have to readjust the settings.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Supa,

Your DIY mount looks good, but I would need to angle the projector down quite a lot, so I'd probably go with a bought one.

John,

That looks very good. Due to the length, I'm assuming it's a non-standard extension tube, though.

It looks like you've fed the wires down inside the tube - is that a standard feature on th Chief?

What's the internal diameter and length of the extension tube(s)?

What's the maximum number of degrees that the projector can be angled down?

How much does the mount cost?

Do you know how much the standard [Chief] one weighs?

Thanks - Marcus

·
Registered
19 Posts
Marcus

Miscommunication. I had expected the manufacturer's mount. I came home to find out it was a Chief mount. Sorry! The guy I bought it from assumed I didn't want to pay the premium for the Panny mount which is about $200 more than the Chief mount. I'm not exactly happy as the installation was made close to the ceiling and they are using significant keystone correction to level the image. This in effect has narrowed the height of the image losing the true 16:9 ratio. I haven't had a chance to go over the problem with the installer. Way too many assumptions around here!

Sorry I can't help with your original question.

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.