AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my AE3000 for just over a year now, with 480 eco-mode hours.

I'm now getting flicker, and I'm almost sure its the projector.

I've read here to try and switch to normal mode, which I just did, but I still see flicker.

What is flicker usually caused by ?

If its usually caused by a bad bulb, is this an easy fix... just replace the bulb ?

Thanks !

Matthew

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
How long have you had it in normal mode? It takes some time for it to go away (assuming it needs to be burned in), and you'll want to leave it in normal mode for 100hrs or so to make sure it doesn't come back. If burning it in doesn't resolve the flicker it's most likely a lamp issue, but it also could be related to the lamp ballast. The only way to know for sure would be to replace the lamp.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Ghost /forum/post/18226734

How long have you had it in normal mode? It takes some time for it to go away (assuming it needs to be burned in), and you'll want to leave it in normal mode for 100hrs or so to make sure it doesn't come back. If burning it in doesn't resolve the flicker it's most likely a lamp issue, but it also could be related to the lamp ballast. The only way to know for sure would be to replace the lamp.

A few hours now in normal mode and normal picture mode, and everything seems much better.

I have to keep a close eye on it.

I called Visual Apex where I purchased it from, and they were very helpful !!

She explained something about the bulb arc moving to a different spot on the contacts.

She also suggested to keep it on normal-mode for 20-30 hours, then switch back to eco-mode.

Could this have been cause by using eco-mode right out of the box?

Maybe I should have run the unit in normal mode for 100 hours first ?

Thanks for the help !

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For anyone else having this issue, switching to normal mode has dramatically improved or actually fixed the flicker !!

I don't see any flicker now in normal mode. I may try to switch back to eco in 100 hrs.

Thanks for all the help !

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Panny started flickering after 1120 hours of use. I have run my projector in "normal"-mode, should I try and use it "eco" to get rid of flicker? All hints & tips say otherwise!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have an Infocus X10 and I just recently noted what appears to be lamp flicker. Every ten minutes or so (and some times longer) there appears very briefly (almost unnoticeable unless you are looking for it) a brief flicker which I thought was caused by some kind of interference (a white line in a section of the picture).

I should mention that I do have a long HDMI run from my Bluray player to my projector (27 feet) in which I use a powered signal booster. From time to time the projector breifly stops to reacquire the image but this only happens every couple of hours of viewing. I also had a recent power surge in my house that may also have had an impact. The projector itself was plugged into a surge protector that seemed to work but I realized the powered signal booster was plugged into a wall socket and may have affected the projector HDMI port. I switched to the second port and the picture is as good as ever except for this very occasional flicker.

Is this a bulb or projector or HDMI cable issue?

Jefny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts