Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question - I tried searching, but received so many irrelevant hits that it wasn't helpful. :(

I was watching a DVD today on my AE700, and I noticed that the brightness was flickering from time to time. It'd be bright, then dimmer, then brighter, then dimmer. I encountered this even when having the movie paused. I havn't gone back to see if I can reproduce it again, but figured I'd ask on here.

The bulb only has about 220 hours on it. It was set to "high" for the first 100 hours or so, and has been set to "low" since.

CW

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have had some brightness problems. When my lamp was around 300 hours I had a sudden decrease in output or lumens, then the next day was a big cracking sound and some smoke. took it to get fixed (was under three months since I bought it) and it's been fine since. Well, just this week I'm suddenly realizing that the output is once again much lower than normal. I keep the lamp setting on high because I am watching it in a room with three floor to ceiling windows in manhattan. It's been great but now is dim. Any ideas? I'm at 650 hours on the bulb. I'm hoping I don't need a new one.

any advice would be much appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.