AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my AE700 for around 8 months and have 600hrs on it. Lately I have noticed that roughly 20% of the left and right sides of the picture have developed a red tint. This is most notcieable on light colored screens and grey reference material. I have calibrated the projector with no improvement. Has anyone else seen this with their unit. I have not read any other posts with this problem.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i was about to post a simular thing.... except i have a yellow cast/tint thats only visable on white or near white images..... its a big area at the center of the screen... say 20% of the center?

i'm still under warranty...... just wondering what exactly causes this before i call in....

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
jaquestati

You problem is probably the blue polorizer (sp) Easy fix under warranty. I had the same thing happen to my UX711 Panasonic a year ago.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Soooo, Should I send it in for warranty work??? Or is this something I can tweak?

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Polarizers are a replacement, not a tweek. If it's under warranty, use it.

If you haven't been cleaning your air filter(s) regularly (every 40 hours is my recommendation) then you could have dust buildup.

·
Registered
157 Posts
is this something (Polarizers) that a local service center could do (i'm in LA), or would i have to be without it for a week AGAIN and send it to heatland? :(

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appreciate the replies. I think I'll wait until CEDIA before shipping it off for service. Maybe get some input from Panasonic Tech at CEDIA.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
jaquestati,

How many hours do you have on your PJ? Polarizers shouldn't show any wear (Yellowing) until you have at least 1000 to 1200 hours.

·
Registered
157 Posts
yes i have like 2400 hours on

really wondering if this is a local LA center job or a heartland shipping one week without tv ordeal again :(

what number do you guys call when you need service?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.