AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Panny AE700 for about 3 years (loving every minute of it). I'm about 700 hours in on my 2nd bulb and a spot in the upper right corner of the screen appeared.

It's a blurry greenish spot. Any idea what it is? How to fix it? Is this a dust particle in the AE700? Bulb problem???

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is there discoloration on an all white screen?

Is there discoloration on an all black screen?

If you use the focus are you able to sharpen the haze?

If you go into the service menu (hold on "Ok" over "OSD" for 5 seconds and then go to "Service menu"), do you get the blobs on all of the color screens? (Hit left and right to go through the different colors)

A picture would be great.

·
Registered
243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab45 /forum/post/12927527

I've had my Panny AE700 for about 3 years (loving every minute of it). I'm about 700 hours in on my 2nd bulb and a spot in the upper right corner of the screen appeared.

It's a blurry greenish spot. Any idea what it is? How to fix it? Is this a dust particle in the AE700? Bulb problem???

thanks in advance!

Wouldn't you be better off posting in the AVS forum 700AE thread ?

Here is the link:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=1292

Mériadec

(A satified owner of the 700AE for the past 3 years)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've had mine for 37 months and about 300 hours into 3rd bulb (first one blew after 1000 hours and 2nd one lasted over 3000 - yes we use it a lot!).

Just noticed this over the weekend. It started as a fairly tight horizontal blue line in the upper right corner of the image (right on the line where the black bars are with super wide screen movies).

It then morphed into more of a light blue blur that takes up the top right corner. It isn't visibible during dark scenes or blue ones, but is visible as a discoloration with any other tone in that corner.

It also is there no matter what source is over HDMI and no matter what input I select.

I called customer service and they said its a service issue and it costs $130 just to ship in and have it evaluated. Then they deduct that amount from total repair costs. Not sure if this can be fixed cheaply and if its worth paying upwards of a few hundred bucks for a 3 year old projector!

Thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts