AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I upgraded my cc from CC3B to CC5 I am afraid I doomed myself to upgrading the 7Bs I use as mains.

My dealer has the Aerial 9's but I won't be able to hear the LR-5s. We will use system for 40% music, 40% movies and 20% music dvds. Anyone have an opinion whether the 9s may be a better choice than the LR-5s?

Mains will have Cam-350 monos driving them - musical detail and soundstage are key objectives. Pricepoint is roughly equivalent and therefore not a relevant factor.

Thanks for any and all advice.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hello Lyson,

The model 9 is much better in resolution, detail, imaging and tighter base response than the LR5. Both are very high output and musical. In 2 ch mode, the differences (to me) are quite staggering. Depending on the multichannel source, the differences may or may not be that dramatic. The LR5 is a vertical orientation of CC5 (or rather cc5 is a horizontal stack of drivers as LR5).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you musicphile - you raise a good point =that the maximum impact or differential would be in 2ch and that focuses me on where I want the difference to be. Either one will be excellent in HT using 5 or 7ch - I may move the 7bs to the rear or trade them. But it's the 2ch imaging and soundstage that I care about. I haven't really embraced DVDA or SACD yet and not sure i will.

Also the Model 9s seem to reach lower and that gives me the option of disengaging the SW12s if I choose to in pure 2 ch mode.

Thanks for your input. Any other LR-5 or Model 9 observers out there?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.