AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing a ton of research lately, which includes a substantial amount of time spent here and auditioning. Right now I have fallen in love with the PSB Imagine T towers, they are just absolutely gorgeous externally and internally. Aesthetics are quite important to me and don't mind compromising a little sound for an eye-catching speaker. Couple things to note:

A. $1500 budget just for the towers

B. Will be powered by an Emotiva amplifier

C. Undecided on receiver/pre/pro

D. I REALLY like the dark cherry finish on the imagines and the fact they have some nice curves and aren't a straight box.

E. I prefer a tower with phase plugs as the speakers will rest with the grilles off.

thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have been wanting to audition these speakers but there aren't any PSB dealers in St. Louis. They seem to get good reviews but one review said they might not be enough to fill a larger room. I'm definitely curious.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Although old-fashioned boxes in terms of shape, the new Monitor Audio RX6 in gloss black and Quad 22L2 in gloss rosewood are quite stunning. There's also Salk Songtowers in virtually an finish you can think of. The KEF iQ90's, B&W CM7's, and Totem Staff's are all quite good looking speakers in that price range as well.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
i can +1 Monitor Audio. the RS or GS series aer "boxy" speakers, but i think they look outstanding. and guess what? they sound great too

im also a sucker for B&W, so i would say the 683's, but i know the yellow mid range and those silver woofers arent everyone... 'cup of tea'

·
Registered
30,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleCheese /forum/post/16913792

Slightly over the $1500 mark, but I think Paradigm Studio 60s V5 look nice. My wife even said that they are very pretty looking.

I have had both in my listening room and, while they are both elegantly designed and finished, they are quite different in their aesthetic appeal which is, of course, quite personal and subjective.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTheater /forum/post/16924471

I second the Paradigm Studio 60 towers and you can definitely get them under $1,500.

Do a search on their website for dealers in your area.
http://paradigm.com/en/dealer_locator/paradigm.php

Where for under 1500.00? If I could find them new for that price I would have gotten them already. I have been to 3 local dealers and only one would move

off MSRP and that was 10% if I paid cash or check only.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow, some great choices so far, albeit some of these posted were way outside my $1500 budget. Used or new doesn't matter to me, I really disliked the boxy towers/bookshelfs and prefer the curves. Towers or bookshelves are okay, those studio's are quite nice too. I also like the shape of the swan and rockets.

Only "boxy" speaker that I have seen that I liked:

·
Registered
11,443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravyfries /forum/post/16924522

How do the PSB and Paradigm compare regarding sound?

And there's the $400,000 question - how do they sound!? This can only be answered be each individual, of course, as this hobby is too subjective to listen to anyone's opinion but your own.

If aesthetics are that important, narrow down the choices based on looks, then go listen and pick the one that sounds the best.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance /forum/post/16928284

And there's the $400,000 question - how do they sound!? This can only be answered be each individual, of course, as this hobby is too subjective to listen to anyone's opinion but your own.

If aesthetics are that important, narrow down the choices based on looks, then go listen and pick the one that sounds the best.

Just my $0.02

Absolutely PERFECT advice as usual....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.