AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a NAD 106 rebuilt and upgraded. I have decided to change my amps which had built in DSP in them. my new mains amp has a built in xover but if I get a cheap temporary amp to run my subs I would need a xover .

is there a cheap pro crossover I can add that wont color the sound or should I just find another amp with xover ?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yup. MiniDSP 2x4 is your best bet if you have the ability to program it but I would spend a few extra dollars and get the HD version which has a full 2 volts on the output and better processors.
2 volts...lol...that sucks...the NAD 106 preamp (which has XLR outputs ) I am going to use puts out more than that and that is one reason I am wanting to run it as it will drive any amp out there easily.

I guess the best thing for me to do is get an amp with a crossover. keep signal as clean as possible

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
I just bought a NAD 106 rebuilt and upgraded. I have decided to change my amps which had built in DSP in them. my new mains amp has a built in xover but if I get a cheap temporary amp to run my subs I would need a xover .

is there a cheap pro crossover I can add that wont color the sound or should I just find another amp with xover ?
ACTIVE/Powered or Passive Subwoofer?

How much can you spend in the Intermediate system?

Steve/bluewizard

·
Registered
84 Posts
On the used market, look for a Paradigm X-30. High quality unit with high and low pass output. Can employ up to two subs. If you need more, then you will have to drop back to the 2x4.

Paradigm X-30 Active Dual Subwoofer Crossover - Photo1016321
Unfortunately, they are not available even on the used market unless you want to purchase the sub that goes with it. I have been looking for one for years to go with my servo 1.

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
Yep, scarce and folks tend to hold on to them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts