AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have been on here numerous times and you guys always help me a ton. So I am trying to upgrade my hoem theatre system. I had a phillips 200 dollar setup from walmart that did the dvd upconvert. I now have a Panny blue ray player and just sold my old phillips home theatre system because I couldnt listen to tv in surround. Now I am looking for a new surround sound system. At first i was planning on spending 300 and found out that all these systems in this price range will not allow me audio through HDMI cables. I was looking at the Onkyo 3200 and the yamaha 391. I was really sold on the 3200 untill I realized that it didnt do the HDMI audio and some guy from a local store really sold me that I will not get 1/10th the audio quality using a coaxial cord instead of getting a reciever that does HDMI audio when watching my blue rays. So now Im looking for a package that has a reciever that does the HDMI audio. I really like the Denon Dht 590a. Good reviews and solid brand. Also I like the onkyo ht6200. Now that puts my price range at 500- 600 dollars. I really would like to be in the 400 dollar range if possible. So im asking what you guys all reccomend. I really want a reciever that does HDMI audio and I would love it to have b speakers wiring so I can listen to music in another room if need be. With these products I posted which one is best quality, sound and fits me the best. It doesnt have to be a package, I dont mind buying a separate reciever and speaker package if its prices right and does all i need. I am not too picky on sound, I was fairly happy with the Phillips I had so.... Please help me out guys. The old lady is really nagging at me for studying these home thetre systems all night!

Thanks,

Dennis

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
my suggestion is to get an HTiB with a "real" receiver, like the Denon or Onkyo SR6100/6200. The cheaper closed systems just do not have enough inputs or control for multiple sources and you out-grow them very fast. The current sale at amazon.com for the S6200 will be hard to beat since it includes free shipping (it's a big heavy box).

If you get even one of the better grade HTiB's, then get 100' of 14 gauge speaker wire to replace the wimpy very small conductor wire included with the kit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts