AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have looked throughout the TV stand thread (I've even posted three or four times) but I haven't had any luck finding what I need.

I have a 50" Vizio Plasma that weighs 130lbs... I am just looking for a tv stand for under $300 ($350 is a reasonable stretch, $400 is the definite limit). The only real requirement I have is that it is somewhat narrow (I don't want it extended too far into my living space) and I have to be able to buy it online (unless Best Buy or Sam's Club has one they can ship to their store. I live in rural Western North Carolina).

It can be spine mounted, it can sit on top, it can have open shelves or closed drawers or whatever. I just want it to look nice and hold my behemoth plasma. Good build quality is a definite plus, but maybe I'm asking a lot for $300.

I really like the looks of that Whalen stand, but alas, I cannot find it online.

I'd love to hear your recommendations. Thanks!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Over the summer, I found on craigslist locally a stand similar to your pic and got it for $30 bucks. It was practically new, girl selling it was moving and had to unload. Anyway, decent chance you can find a steal like that and save some money on Craigslist.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpniner /forum/post/15469351

Over the summer, I found on craigslist locally a stand similar to your pic and got it for $30 bucks. It was practically new, girl selling it was moving and had to unload. Anyway, decent chance you can find a steal like that and save some money on Craigslist.

Our Craigslist is rather sparce, but I have found some amazing stuff! I got this great retro Technics turntable cabinet for $20. (I have a thing for "simulated wood")

That VTI stand looks great, but how do I order it?

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpRule /forum/post/15469464

What's your zipcode? I was looking at this stand for my future PFP.

Whalen found at samsclub

Dude! I don't know why it didn't work in my zipcode before but for some reason it does now! This is perfect.

What are your guys thoughts about this stand--heard anything about them? Thanks so much again! +1 to you. I don't even know if you did anything special but you saved me a lot of frustration.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I decided to stop by costco last weekend and found out my local store carried a couple whalen's also. One similar to the one pic above and a two shelf stand each for $199.99. I'm going to go with the two shelf one since the top glass had better support with a wider stance and didn't bow down with light pressure. I don't have a link though since their website doesn't even show them available, but both were 3 in 1 stands that could be mounted on the stand or wall. I recommended a whalen stand that my buddy bought from best buy and that thing is rock solid. Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I have a stand that is a Z-Line stand and it looks very similar to the one in the link below. Mine has chrome legs and the TV mount actually swivels and pulls forward about 2-3 inches. The back is also chrome and black and I got at Circuit city. Circuit city was selling it for over 400 but I had a friend of a friend who used to work there as a manager that got it for me for under 280.00. I bought the stand over 1 year ago. I did not see it on thier website but it worth checking at your local store to see if they have some available.

http://www.racksandstands.com/Z-Line...tml#additional

I am positive I have seen this same exact stand in the link above at my local super wallmart for around 200-250. It was not located in the TV section but some other section of the store that sells furniture.

I do like my stand alot and it does not stick out very far either and it can hold a lot of weight too plus it looks awesome but I did get mine way cheaper that the list price. If I did not get the price break that I did, I would have went with the stand in the link above (but at my local wallmart).

Hope that helps

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'm going to go for the one at Best Buy.

Any other thoughts?

EDIT: Actually, maybe not. That Whalen stand seems to have too many issues regarding holes lining up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump.

I checked out the Whalen at Best Buy today and it looked really, really cheap. Didn't like the stain.

Help finding a spine mounted stand?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts