AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
My home theater is a 2.0 1978 "Sears by Fisher" (same as Fisher RS-1030). I love Vintage.
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my HT finished. I am using an Optima Projector, a Harman Kardon 247 used as a pre-amp, five 200 Watt 2 channel amps (2 channels for center, and 2 channels for subs), Sony S550 Blueray, MTX Monitor series speakers, a home made sub set up with four 12's, and a coffee table with a PC in it for music, mp3's etc.

I just got it up and running this evening... The neighbors threatened to call the cops. It was great!!

For the last 10 years I have been in the stone ages with a Dolby Pro Logic 4.0 system that only had 200 watts total. Now I have a 7.1 with a true 1000 Watts that I could only run up to about 75% before I couldn't take it. The bass is incredible. I still have a little tinkering to do with the set up etc. and the large 1/4 inch glass top I had custom made and put on top of my subs won't stay in place. I will have to some how secure it to the top of the subs. (maybe little rubber pads will keep it in place? )

I just wanted to thank everyone on this site for all the help. Most of the help came in the form of just reading the posts on this site. Very informative stuff!

·
Registered
My home theater is a 2.0 1978 "Sears by Fisher" (same as Fisher RS-1030). I love Vintage.
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will post some later on this afternoon. I still have a smoldering pile of rubble that is left over from all of the construction and setup that I have to clean up before I take pics.

·
Registered
147 Posts
dude you need pics for a thread like this

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK... sorry for the late reply. I had some technical difficulties with the HK247 that I had to fix.

I took some pics just now to post.

It is not a perfect HT, and my wood working skills are... well, I don't have any. So for now it was the best I could pull together.

I already blew one of the tweeters on my MTX 60i front speakers during my "easy" setup of the HK247 using the test tone and the mic. I shouldn't have had my amps turned up all the way. Oh well, live and learn.

They will be fixed within a week or so.

I still have to hide a few wires. I am thinking a few fake potted plants will do the trick.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
For having No wordworking skills..?

You have done a nice job.

Especially with the soffit-work the screen retracts into!

(A real bummer on the speaker incident during calibration)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthemidget /forum/post/15605364

nice home theater. Was it 4 years to save up for your gear or 4 years to build the stand?

I laughed pretty hard when I read this because, there was actually 4 years of collecting audio gear... and 4 years of being

LAZY So I guess it did take 4 years to build the stand. lol!

I have had the projector up for almost 3 years now and it has been fun. However, the finishing touches like the wood work and the updated audio have been long overdue.

As for my wood working skills... believe me, the camera was very nice to the carpenter.

Oh yea, MTX is replacing my tweeter at no charge. They were understanding and very polite. They also didn't ask any questions other than where I wanted the replacement sent to. All I had to do was send them the old one ($6.00 priority mail). Can't beat that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts