Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I got all the codecs

CCCP Codec Pack (the best one)
http://www.cccp-project.net/

I when to the Tversity Site

Go to this link to get the following software:

Latest version of Tversity and the latest version of the PS3 and Xbox 360 patch. Plus all Updated Avisynth, FFDshow, Installed Real/Quicktime alternative

Its all on the Tversity site!!!

http://tversity.com/download/

Transcoding of some file formats require the installation of third party directshow filters that are compatible with TVersity. TVersity recommends:

ffdshow - for MPEG2/4, H.264, Divx, Xvid, AAC, FLAC, Vorbis, FLV, and many more

Haali Media Splitter - for better MP4 and H.264 support and for OGG/OGM and Matroska.

Real Alternative - for Real audio and video.

Quicktime Alternative - for MOV.

MP4 Source/Splitter* - for better MOV support.

FLV Splitter* - required for FLV playback (a more recent version with support for FLV4/VP62 is here - courtesy of videohelp.com).

AC3 Filter - recommended for better AC3 support (in which case AC3 should be disbaled in ffdshow).

*To install this filter extract the archive (via 7Z) and then run regsvr32 on the extracted .ax file from the command line. To uninstall it use regsvr32 /u (On Vista UAC must be first turned off or regsvr32 won't run).Alternatively you can use the following Windows installers http://tversity.com/tools/FLVSetup.zip and http://tversity.com/tools/MP4Setup.zip

Install it all and it will work!

With only 1 GIG of memory and Vista Ultimate on a dual core 3.2 GHZ box, i can transcode is realtime at 800X600 with no studder or issues, and it is quick, it take less than a sec to start the videos!!! I am about to go to 4 gigs of memory so i can set it to 1920X1080!!!

The PS3 and Tversity Rules man!!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW-SMOkeY /forum/post/0

Is this directly from the XMB, or is it Linux? How about the fact that WMP11 does good with streaming too, or do you recomend this instead? Thanks!

I am using Tversity also, and it's directly from the XMB. Linux isn't required.

I haven't used WMP11 for streaming, because it is too bloated for my tastes.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Perfect it seems that I will go with that route also then. WMP 11 vs TVersity. Not a big fan of M$ stuff so... Anything to get me away from software is good. LOL
So I am assuming it alows me to stream pictures, movies, music etc?

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Right now I'm switching between Nero MediaHome and TVersity. I heard that TVersity only does low quality MPEG1 in transcoding while the MediaHome supports a high bitrate high quality MPEG2 transode.

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
10,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li On /forum/post/0

Right now I'm switching between Nero MediaHome and TVersity. I heard that TVersity only does low quality MPEG1 in transcoding while the MediaHome supports a high bitrate high quality MPEG2 transode.

regards,

Li On

any guide re installation , set up, nero media brother Li?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just set up using Nero. Very simple and seems to work good. Pics and music work flawlessly. Tried some downloaded videos, they came across OK. Tried a TS from a dvd rip and it was jumpy as hell. Still fun to play around with.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If in install everything like the tversity website says, then it will transcode to MPEG2. It will do 1920X1024 in mpeg 2 if you have a fast processor and lots of ram. Mine is set to 800X600 and it transcodes avi and divx files in realtime.

Now i am talking video, you can not transcode in media player 11 at this time.

Media player 11 is fast for music and photos but sucks in videos, since it can not transcode.

Nero Home can transcode but it is much slower and has more issues than tversity.

I will try nero home again since i know have all the codecs and filters. I now have 2 computers one is a Vista Ultimate 3.2 ghz dual core with 1 gig ram and the other i just reloaded xp sp2, i think it is a 2.8 ghz p4 box with 1 gig of ram.

i have 4 media servers on my vista ultimate box

Tversity (the best)

Mediaplayer11

nero home

Twonky Media

The Ps3 will see all 4 and work with all 4 media servers.

You can player music from Tversity and watch photos from mediaplayer 11...its so cool. Remember this is only the beginning, since now we can transcode they will just make the media server better. Its a whole new world now and i am glad sony once again used industry standard DNLA.

Remember install the CCCP codec pack first, then install all the stuff from the tversity web link.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow /forum/post/0

Wifi or hard-wired?

I am wifi, 802.11G

I am about to go to 802.11n

·
Registered
100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li On /forum/post/0

regards,

Li On

Not true, it is transcoding in mpeg2, and the quality is just fine to me.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm having great luck with Tversity execpt I can;t get it to recognize the .IFO file after I DVDdecrypt it. It just plays the individual ts files. Anyone kno hat I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I meant vob files not TS files...

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Should add 'for PCs' to the title.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I've found Nero Mediahome to be be buggy at best when playing video files. Some TS files just plain refuse to play regardless of how Nero is set up. For music it is fine, but if Tversity is that much better, I may go that route.

I guess it doesn't help that my desktop PC is almost 4 yrs old

·
Registered
4,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang /forum/post/0

Great. I just checked setting in TVersity but can't find any detail transcoding setting. It just On or Off, prefer Quality or Speed and output size. How can I select MPEG2 and bitrate?

Anyway I tried add a few Xvid AVI files. If I try playing the avi file inside TVersity, it said can not convert to Flash and ask me if I'm missing directshow filter. If I play from the PS3 it say Unsupported format.

Those Xvid AVI files play correctly in WMP so the directshow filter on the PC is fine I think.

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang /forum/post/0

I second that, it is transcoding in MPEG 2

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.