AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Sat C kit installed professionally yesterday, I reset my Sony HD100 and RCA DTC100 after I set the Directv menu to oval dish, 3 sat.

I have been unable to get a signal on SAT C, before I have my installer come back is there any thing else I can do? I am able to recieve HBO HD and HDNET.

I am presently using a channel master 8 way and 4 way multi switch.

LJG

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had to go into the setup on my STB, and manually change the configuration from dual LNB to three LNBs. That should work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a similar issue with a DTV1080, also installed yesterday with an OTA Ant. and DTV dish. I had to:

1. Fix a bent center conductor in an inline connection (this got me to the point where I had a signal on Sat C).

2.Select Oval Dish w/A/B/C LNBs (in "Initial Setup")

3. Called DirecTV and have them add the High-Def channels to my profile

4. Power off the unit, wait 10, then power up again

That finally did it for me. Sounds like you may also have a broken connection somewhere in the path.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It's always a cable issue. If you have signal on transponders 22-32 for sat 119/110 and no signal for transponders 8,10,12 then your cable between the combiner and the Sat C LNB has a bent center conductor or its bad -- try another cable. Same happened to me ( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=136120 )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.