AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to add a second controller to my PS3. Here's my criteria:

- must be SIXAXIS compatible

- must be wireless, with a STRONG preference toward bluetooth, but I understand I may have to consider RF and a USB dongle

- must be rechargable over USB, like the standard controller

- want to avoid compatibility headaches, or wireless dropouts, etc.

I'm relatively happy with the Sony unit. Wireless is great, no problems. I do have trouble with the analog sticks in FPS's, so the FragFX looks appealing. Is the FragFX RF or bluetooth? This Nyko unit looks decent as well, though it's RF.

Are there any others worth considering, besides of course just a 2nd OEM unit?

Thanks,

Sean

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hey Sean....man it's been a cold few days around here hasn't it.....Ummm Kathy Sabin!!!!

I do not have any first hand experience with the Nyko controller but I do have the FragFX - it's connected via USB cable, no dongle required....man that sounds weird. The FragFX has a 10ft cord, so for the most part reaching the gamers seating area is not a huge issue. No bluetooth version is available yet, sometime in '08 I believe

There's been plenty of discussion about the FragFX on these forums, I'll spare people having to re-read old topics/discussions on it....best advice would be to just do a search, you'll find all the info you'd need to decide.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops, I'm an idiot. I didn't realize the FragFX is corded. That's a deal-breaker for me since I have an HT setup with the PS3 in a separate room.

OK, so now I seem to be down to two choices, the OEM unit or the Nyko RF one. Any thoughts on the latter? Any others I missed worth a look?

Thanks,

Sean

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Import a Dualshock 3, just as good as the Sixaxis with the added bonuses of rumble and having a controller with some heft to it that doesn't feel like a toy. I got mine on eBay for $65 shipped. I seriously recommend not buying third party controllers, I've never had a good experience with one on any console.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nyko Zero for the PS3 is going to be a good controller.

I have the Nyko Zero for the PS2 and it has been great. The Zero for the PS3 is going to have rumble and full tilt control and it comes out end of this month beginning of February.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts