AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone who posts on here has an agenda. Appears that the vast majority of agendas are to learn more about HDTV, discuss personal HDTV situations and/or to help others solve their particular problems. Also, there exist parties who have other agendas to promote. That is their business and no concern of mine.

My "agenda" has been posted on here ad naseum, with no basis of fact. As previously disclosed on this forum, my objective is to help promote the ASAP transition to HDTV in the US and rest of the world so that I may financially benefit from my HDTV stock investments (a LCoS display company and an HDTV postproduction company).

That's it. No other agendas than it would be nice to receive OTA HDTV transmissions in my area. The Zenith issue is dead. LG won, so be it and if they don't make a dime from 8-VSB all the better but not worth the negative karma of looking back. However, it is not always easy to do.

So, to maximize the opportunity of HDTV succeeding ASAP, I've weighed the pros and cons of the various alternatives to select a path of action. You know my position (path) and now you know my agenda. Another thing, please refrain from making me the issue. The messenger is simply a messenger.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
And how would you feel the 1000th time a messenger showed up at your door and delivered the same message? I kind of think you'd probably tell him stop coming back.

------------------

Dean Roddey

The CIDLib C++ Frameworks

[email protected]
www.charmedquark.com

[This message has been edited by Dean Roddey (edited 04-11-2001).]

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
This forum exists for the discussion of HDTV hardware issues, not for advertisment purposes, furthering of investment portfolios, or discussion of competing modulation schemes.

Don't go away mad, Bob, just go away....

------------------
BOYCOTT DVI/HDCP & JVC!

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everyone on here can make a difference. The FCC decision to make 8-VSB our one and only OTA DTV transmission system is not irreversable. Maybe there is a Churchill or Fleming in this woodpile (see oft-repeated story below).

His name was Fleming, and he was a poor Scottish farmer. One day, while trying to make a living for his family, he heard a cry for help coming from

a nearby bog. He dropped his tools and ran to the bog.

There, mired to his waist in black muck, was a terrified boy, screaming and

struggling to free himself. Farmer Fleming saved the lad from what could

have been a slow and terrifying death.

The next day, a fancy carriage pulled up to the Scotsman's sparse

surroundings. An elegantly dressed nobleman stepped out and introduced himself as the father of the boy Farmer Fleming had saved.

"I want to repay you," said the nobleman. "You saved my son's life." "No, I

can't accept payment for what I did," the Scottish farmer replied, waving

off the offer. At that moment, the farmer's own son came to the door of the

family hovel.

"Is that your son?" the nobleman asked. "Yes," the farmer replied proudly.

"I'll make you a deal. Let me provide him with the level of education my

son will enjoy. If the lad is anything like his father, he'll no doubt grow to be a man we both will be proud of." And that he did.

Farmer Fleming's son attended the very best schools and in time, he

graduated from St. Mary's Hospital Medical School in London, and went on to

become known throughout the world as the noted Sir Alexander Fleming, the

discoverer of Penicillin.

Years afterward, the same nobleman's son who was saved from the bog was

stricken with pneumonia. What saved his life this time? Penicillin.

The name of the nobleman? Lord Randolph Churchill. His son's name? Sir

Winston Churchill.

[This message has been edited by Bob Utne (edited 04-11-2001).]

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Bob,

You're using the wrong story....The story you should be using is about the boy who cried wolf too often....that's you. We've heard your COFDM speil so much, your posts are so tiring, all we do is react negatively. Even the newby posters are making comments about you. Doesn't that tell you anything?

But IMO you are misrepresenting your real motive. Your real motive is not to inform and enlighten because even a moron (which I am not saying you are) would have figured out by now that the tactics taken so far have failed. Your real motive is to annoy and piss off, and you do that very well. I bet nobody liked you when you were a kid either.

------------------

Geof

[This message has been edited by Geof (edited 04-11-2001).]

·
Registered
164 Posts

My objective is to help promote the ASAP transition to HDTV in the US and rest of the world so that I may financially benefit from my HDTV stock investments (a LCoS display company and an HDTV postproduction company).

"I may financially benefit from my HDTV stock investments"<-- quoted from above is what's troubling here. If you've been in this for awhile Bobby, you LOST big time, if its on paper in a few years you will be OK, but if you cashed out plus amount of stock, you took a very big hit. Which probably explains your Zenith vendetta.

------------------

Graphics

STOP DVI/HDCP AND DFAST boycott JVC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.