Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!....

I think I blew out my tweeters... not on purpose of course.. but I had playing music pretty loud a couple of days ago.. and made the cardinal sin of not turning it down when I was done. So today, I got home from work popped in a disc.. hit play... and the second I turned to read my mail, I hear *SMASH*!! So here I am... debating whether it's just my ears that are hearing that typical little click the end of each note... or if indeed I should be gearing up to load them into the car to take them to the doctor.

So... how the heck can I tell if I should be packing them up or rest easily??

PS== Excuse the prose and grammar and the general english... it is afterall 3:45 am.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
i've never fried a tweeter before but i've fried the voice coil on a woofer...

in my case, the woofer would chatter at moderate volumes. it was very clear that i had fried the vc after it had occurred. i would think that fried tweeters would be very obvious to any listener as well...

what do you mean by the "typical click" at the end of each note??? i've never experienced that before...

if your tweeters are burned out you probably won't be getting much of anything in the high frequencies...as i mentioned, this should be easy to hear...good luck.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Bubba, if it's the tweeters that are going, it could be that your amplifier is clipping. What is the power capacity of your speakers, and the output of your amp? If the amp is underpowered, that could explain why.

·
Registered
503 Posts
yeah, listen to the tweeters at a soft or moderat volume. If you top end seems dull or harsh the the tweeters are blown. You can also put your ear a foot away from the tweeter and listen (i hope you've turned down the volume when you try this. :) )

You can replace them by contacting the manufacturer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.