Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm hoping that someone might offer some clues and or suggestions on how to proceed here.

I have a GeForce3 AGP card and a Radeon 9000 PCI card on Windows 2000 SP3. Installation order was GeForce3 first and then Radeon. Both have the latest drivers available from their company websites.

First problem: no 'advanced' controls for Radeon in Display Properties Settings -> Advanced. Any way to get these settings to display?

Second problem: DVD playback with PowerDVD, WinDVD and NVDVD works on the Radeon only when it is set as the Primary Monitor and vice versa on the GeForce. This does not affect playing divx or mpg files with media player! These work fine regardless of the primary setting.

Third problem: SPDIF output (I have a SBLive connected with coax to a 5.1 receiver) stutters horribly when the Radeon is set as the primary display. Works fine when the GeForce is the primary display. Now this is the part that mystifies me the most. Why? And what can I do to fix this?

The setup I'm aiming here for is to use the GeForce for desktop and gaming on a monitor and the Radeon for DVD playback on my projector.

Thank you in advance,

K.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm bumping my own thread here...

I've narrowed the problem down to playing DD5.1 or DTS content from the DVD-drive directly via SPDIF. If the movie is ripped to HD it works. If I choose the non SPDIF option in the DVD player software audio config but still use the SPDIF output to carry the sound to my receiver it works (I'm of course limited to Dolby Surround in this case).

I've also tried physically moving my DVD drive to another IDE channel, using it as the only IDE device, switching from slave to master and so on to no avail.

The funny thing is that everything is a-ok if the geforce card is the primary display.

So, does anyone know how can I activate/use the overlay on the secondary display? I could try this if I could get it to work.

The next thing I'll try is probably getting a different sound card.

I'd still appreaciate any suggestions on the problems listed in my original post.

K.

·
Registered
1 Posts
have to tryed going to system profiles and make a 2nd hardware profile

so when windows starts up, you can pick witch hardware profile

you want

that way you can run

1 configuration with your GeForce3 AGP

and you can run a

2nd configuration with your Radeon 9000 PCI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts