Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have installed a Radeon 7000 card in my HTPC and set it up with custom resolutions, however I have noticed that in Powerstrip adapter information in AGP system configuration my card it is not hardware enabled and the tickbox will not net me put a tick in even though it is not ghosted out, I am also not able to select tranfer mechanisms or transfer rates. I assume this means that my card is not running as good as it could be. Do I need to worry about these settings or not ? My motherboard does support AGP 4x

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
174 Posts
what drivers are you using on the radeon. if you use the search function you should be able to figure out what the forum recommended drivers are for your card and OS.

-pete

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

I am using the latest drivers version 7.70. I am also using Windows 2000. I have the same problem in ME though.

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
50 Posts
The drivers you're using are known to work and achieve what you need with similar systems? You may want to try and see what Win2K thinks about it.

Go to Start->Run and type dxdiag. After it's done running, go to the "Display" tab and see if any of the accelerations are enabled. Try enabling them.

If it doesn't work, you may have to go to the BIOS and change some of the settings. My Radeon8500 is very sensitive to the AGP aperture value. Try 64 and see if it works, otherwise try 128, 256, 32. Everytime run dxdiag, it'll tell you what Win2K thinks it's happening.

If you still have a no-go, you'll need to look into other settings, for example Radeon8500's sometimes do not play nice when fast-writes are enabled.

If all else fails, look into other drivers.

·
Registered
645 Posts
As chemmajik suggests, download and install the latest drivers for your motherboard - especially if its a VIA-based motherboard. If that doesn't work, reinstall SP2.

(As for the PowerStrip report, the transfer mechansim is determined by display driver architecture, not the end user, and since hardware support is disabled you cannot change the transfer rate - never a good idea anyway...)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys

Installing the latest motherboard drivers has cured the problem. Does anybody know how to get the Radeon brighter I have had to put the brightness to maximum in the overlay controls & it is still not enough for my poor old Barco. I did not have this problem with the Gforce 2.

Thanks

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.