AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Geforece 4 Ti4400 w/DVI now. Is there a better choice for connecting to a Mitsubishi WS-65313 for 19x9 HDTV display?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm running a TI4600.

Many people say the ATI cards reproduce truer color, although I've not done a comparison personally.

The current Nvidia drivers allow you to specifiy video resolutions (within 8 pixels) and can eliminate the need for Powerstrip.

I personally like as little software running as possible, so I see this as a plus. I'm running in 856x480 with 2 pixels chopped off the left and right to get 1:1 mapping on my Panny 42 6UY ED.

I suppose either brand can be a good choice. You have one thing going strong for you with the TI4400.

You own it already.

Andy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for reply. I d/l the latest from Nvidia & they didn't offer ANY other res settings. The only setting was like 720x480 & it cuts off all 4 sides about a tool bars width all the was around.... I nearly pulled my hair out. I'm a pc tech & I am just plain befuddled.... :confused:

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by diveriter
Hey thanks for reply. I d/l the latest from Nvidia & they didn't offer ANY other res settings. The only setting was like 720x480 & it cuts off all 4 sides about a tool bars width all the was around.... I nearly pulled my hair out. I'm a pc tech & I am just plain befuddled.... :confused:

I am not familiar with NVidia, but that's unusual. In any case, you could give Powerstrip a try. This utility allows you to tweak your video output to almost any setting.

As mentioned before ATI supposedly offers better PQ when it comes to DVD. I lack the comparision, as I have been using ATIs ever since..

______

Axel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.