1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rick /forum/post/19644730

no, that is a pre-construction bracket.

you don't need it (and can't really use it) if you already have rock in place.

I am installing pre-drywall. Should I use it or is there alternative methods? I just don't want to pay $20 each for several pieces of plastic.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 034runner /forum/post/19645084

I am installing pre-drywall. Should I use it or is there alternative methods? I just don't want to pay $20 each for several pieces of plastic.

You are not required to use them but I would highly recommend it. Most of the time when my installers go out to install "pre-wired" in-ceiling speakers, the speaker locations are compromised by the idiots that do pre-wiring. They usually just put a single gang box on a stud and put the wire behind it. This means you are forced to place the speaker in that location if you don't want it to look like ****. With the brackets, you can line up the speaker properly with your lights/stud bays and not worry about it later. Also, this saves a pretty big mess after because a good drywall person will cut out the hole properly before the overall job is finished which saves a ton of drywall dust on the carpet/floor/furniture

1 - 4 of 4 Posts