AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night just before I turned my TV off for the night, I looked at the on-line guide for HDNET. It listed the Air Force Academy Graduation as starting at 9:30 P.M.. Was that really shown on HDNET. If so, any idea when it will be repeated?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Yes, It was shown. I watched about 10 minutes of it. I have no idea if it will be repeated, I didn't see another showing in the HDNet listings search.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
Pretty sure we'll never have to worry about copy protection if this is what we can look forward to in HD...:D After all, who needs a good PPV movie in HD when you can watch a graduation. Oy vey!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by trich
The Thunderbirds were on after the graduations.
Which Thunderbirds exactly? Was it the 1960s puppets?


Cheers!

DAve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sharon L
Last night just before I turned my TV off for the night, I looked at the on-line guide for HDNET. It listed the Air Force Academy Graduation as starting at 9:30 P.M.. Was that really shown on HDNET. If so, any idea when it will be repeated?
Is there anybody that would actually take the time to watch some graduation ceremony just because it is in HD?


Is this all they can come up with?


bb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
bb1987, I believe this thread has answered your question
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Man, I hope they didn't show the whole thing. There are some cool parts, but I was bored out of my mind when I took part in my graduation from the Academy back in 1998!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bb1987



Is there anybody that would actually take the time to watch some graduation ceremony just because it is in HD?


bb
bb,

If you haven't yet realized this is a lifeless group, you haven't been reading too closely. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
I believe that one of their HD trucks is based in Colorado. That is why they did New Year's Eve from Vail and Mountain Bike Competition as well. They probably had a free day and decided to drive down. I live in the Colorado Springs area and have been to a few Air Force football games there. I wish that I had had a chance to catch it. So, anything is interesting to somebody or other. :)


Roy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by royrose
I believe that one of their HD trucks is based in Colorado. That is why they did New Year's Eve from Vail and Mountain Bike Competition as well. They probably had a free day and decided to drive down. I live in the Colorado Springs area and have been to a few Air Force football games there. I wish that I had had a chance to catch it. So, anything is interesting to somebody or other. :)


Roy
Hey, anytime they want to send those trucks to the football field this fall and broadcast some Air Force run-and-gun football is A-O-K with me! I'm sure there are many more that agree.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
My sister, who attended the graduation, said the Thunderbirds put on a 40 minute air show that was spectacular. A 40 minute air show is certainly worthy of being broadcast in HDTV.


Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Yeah, but the Thunderchickens don't compare to the Blue Angels ;)


I would have loved to see my graduation in HD. Especially if I could have recorded it. That beats a camcorder anyday.


Paul

Navy 98
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top