AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed to a Airboard and I am having a problem. The board works fine and does everything that I want it to BUT when I have my PC set to wake on keyboard, my PC wakes up by itself without touching the keyboard. I would walk away from my PC after hybernating it, 20 minutes later, it would be up and running for no reason. I turned that feature off in the bios and was wondering, do I have a defective board?

Also, my Airboard did not come with a serial to PS2 adapter for the pointing device and was wondering if they were all that way or should I complain that I did not get an adapter?

My girder question is, if I have to keep the wake on keyboard turned off, how would I program Girder/IRman to be able to remotely turn on the computer, any details would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi vfrjim,

I'll try to shed some (not much I guess) light on this:

ad 1 (wake up w/o pressing a key):

IR-noise in your room? Any economy light bulbs? They are said to produce disturbances sometimes.

ad 2 (PS/2 adapter):

The airboard doesn't come with a serial to PS2 adapter for the pointing device and it wouldn't work, I'm afraid... :( I've got the (airboard) and I am switching to a MS bluetooth combo now (can't wait to get it :) )

ad 3 (irman/girder wake-up):

I've got an uirt2 which has the ability to wake up my computer even if switched off completely. I don't think that's possible with the irman.

I suggst you try asking that questio in the girder-forum: www.girder.nl

Hope that helped a little

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
IR-noise in your room? Any economy light bulbs? They are said to produce disturbances sometimes.
I use an IR Repeater so that I can control my STB from another room and it looks like that device is causing traffic to the Airboard receiver, but that is strange cause I had it working before with another wireless KB and did not have this problem.

I will check out that forum for answers, thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
2 of my airboards have a PS-2 mouse connector on the cable. (I-Point SK-7100)

A 3rd older one has a DB-9 to PS-2 mouse converter. (Lite-On SK-7100)

IIRC, only the oldest ones didn't have the converter.

Is it possible that your Airboard came from a vendor trying to get rid of a bunch of very old stock?

Vern

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for correcting me there, Vern! So sorry for adding confusion rather than helping... :eek:

Hope, at least the girder link helps. The board is quite slow sometimes but people are very helpful and extremely competent!

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Is it possible that your Airboard came from a vendor trying to get rid of a bunch of very old stock?
It looks like it may be from old stock :( But I think I solved my problem with the computer turning on itself, I move the IR receiver for the airbaord so that my center channel speaker blocks the IR traffic that my IR repeater is sending out and the computer is no longer coming on by itself cause after reading the forums at girder, powering on a PC with IRman and girder is a NO-GO and you would need to use UIRT to do it, so I did solve my problem with just moving the sensor, thank god :) Looks like I have an old KB, oh well, luckily it was only $25 and with my luck in keyboards, they last 3 months max anyways...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.