Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just installed my new toy - a Viewsonic Airpanel V150.

Having eventually configured it to access the two PC's on the LAN (easy I know now, but I'm new to all this).

The problem is that if the Airpanel is connected to, say, PC1 and I try to play a MP3 that is stored on PC2, I get an error message saying that the file cannot be played as the sound adapter is in use.

I have no problem playing a file that is stored on the local PC that I'm connected to.

Any ideas?

Ultimately I hope to use the airpanel, and a software package such as Mario's mainlobby suite, to launch files on the HTPC while retaining the desktop for remote control purposes.

I'm not usually one to ask for help, I can normally struggle through and work it out eventually. But having seen what can be done with an HTPC I just can't wait that long to get everything up and running.

"I want it all & I want it now"

Any ideas from you experts that have been through these little challenges, and I'm sure a lot more that I'm yet to encounter, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kev

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Do you use RDC to connect ????

Have you set the RDC connection properties (options) to leave sounds at the host PC ???

Thats the obvious one...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.