AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a new laptop tomorrow (Dell Studio XPS) and I'm thinking the Apple Airport Express will help me stream music to my home theater setup (Yamaha RX-V1700) which then sends the music to the rest of the house via the additional zones the receiver has.

I know the Airport Express will send music via iTunes to my receiver wirelessly, but will it also send other music too? I would love to also be able to stream the content from my Sirius satellite radio internet subscription. Would this work or is the capabilities of the Airport Express limited to iTunes only?

I tried searching, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes! Thank you! If you go to just the apple website, and look-up Airfoil, you only get the Mac version. But they also have a link to the manufactures website, and they have a version for Windows there.

It seems like it'll do anything you'd ever need it to do. It'll stream internet radio ("...Pandora, Last.fm and more...") - hopefully the "and more" includes Sirius. It'll also send the signals to an Airport Express, as mentioned above. You can also download "Airfoil speakers" which is a smaller program that you can install on other computers in the house that'll let you stream to them too. Pretty neat.

Thanks again guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.