AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved my All-in-Wonder 9800 Pro card to a Biostar iDEQ 200N cube with an nForce2-based motherboard, and I'm using the onboard nForce2 sound. (My only spare soundcard is a Revolution 7.1, which doesn't play very nice with the AIW due to the wacky way it handles line-in.)

All is well overall, but the sound is a bit staticy/clipped, as if the input is coming in too hot for for the nForce2's Line-In jack.

Is there any way to adjust the output volume level of the AIW card itself? If not, anyone know any other solutions to this problem?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I notice the same issue using my Gamecube into the line in. I need to turn my speaker volume way low compared to dvd, tuner card, other apps that don't use the line in. Adjusting input levels in the Nforce2 audio control panel can somewhat disguise the problem by setting the line in slider very low. The staticky/clipping sound is still there however.

Volume levels are frustrating with an HTPC setup for me. WinDVD, PowerDVD and NVDVD all require me to crank up my speaker's volume (analog Klipsch 4.1) much higher than other apps. I also use a Comprousa tuner card with Aux audio input which requires me to turn down the speaker volume considerably. When I use Gamecube with Line in audio it has to go extremely low to avoid blowing out the speakers. I don't know if the problem is with the Nforce2 or the individual apps/hardware. I would think some volume leveling updated software for the Nforce2 would solve the problems. I haven't tried the Spdif output. Perhaps that works better. Anyone have the same issues with Spdif?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.