AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having struggled for some time I have concluded that the AIW 9600 Pro just isn't up to being an HTPC. I built a computer specifically for Multimedia. 2.8G HT, 1G RAM, fast disks and very little software. Even with the latest drivers for the AIW it still wouldn't pass the "wife" test. It hangs, MMC crashes when I exit the TV, if I push the remote buttons too fast I end up with audio and no video. Menus don't match the manual or help instructions (what did happen to SPDIF output option). I gave up on Eazyshare as it is tied in some odd way to login names and only works with one other PC if I am logged into both with the same name.

To be a living room option this has to work like a PVR, DVD player but it works like a computer.

I can hear the noise of something going down the drain and I think it is my time and money.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Try updating mb bios/drivers and see if that helps.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The only thing you have wasted is a lil time. OK and a lil money hehe.

I tried n ATI AiW 9600. It's just a video card now and I am using a Hauppauge PVR250 with Snapstream.

The ATI software is also junk.

Try an MPEG encoder, such as the PVR250, and Snapstream or Sage TV.

I am still experimenting with my HTPC, it's not ready for the living room yet. But... it's close. I think another couple of weeks and I'll have it sorted.

Snapstream works with the ATI cards (though up to the limits of the ATI cards themselves - which are quite limited). However, that gives you an opportunity to check out the software itself.

hth

eggman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.