AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The HTPC I built is using the AIW Rad 9700 Pro card with DVI-I output. Currently using the VGA adapter to a Gateway Destination 32" monitor (Princeton Graphics).

Based on what I've read here I need a basic DVI-I male to female cable to connect to the Sammy. Anyone with this setup? Acceptable? Not really certain about the output capabilities of the card. In the specs I do'nt see the same resolution as the Sammy listed. What should I set the card at?

Trying to do as much as I can before ordering so I can have it up and going OOTB. Out here on the OBX it's hard to find even a cat5 cable.

I'll also have to hire a couple of gorillas to move that Gateway monitor, it's gotta weigh 300 pounds. Haven't moved it since 1998.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think you need a male to male DVI-D cable. I forget which is which, but the dvi connector on the sammy has only the horizontal bar on the side (as opposed to the '+' one) ... and for optimal picture you'll want to display 1280x720 (720P ... Sammy's DLP's native resolution) which the AIW should be able to do no prob ...

in any case, since both sources have female connectors, you'll need male -> male cable

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.