AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else think the vocals are subdued when using DTS on this disc? Her voice seems much more out front on the other formats. Is this an inherent trait of DTS?

·
Registered
28,463 Posts
Am I the only one who has no clue what movie is being asked about?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Josh...you are never w/out a clue...in this case you were a victim of my laziness

Alison Krauss and Union Station

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottAvery
Am I the only one who still has no idea, even after clarification?
I think it's the DVD-Audio version of her concert.

Or the DTS-CD of her album.

fuad

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Z
Am I the only one who has no clue what movie is being asked about?
It's the DVD of the Alison Krauss + Union Station concert, filmed in Louisville, KY -- and the same concert tour which we saw in Fort Worth in May 2002. Great concert!!!

Since I've only listened to the DTS track -- it and the PCM track show about 1513 bitrate (the Dolby Digital track is 748 or 448 -- I can't recall) -- I don't know if I would agree with you or not. I have a rather low-end Home Theater In A Box (Kenwood) that is fairly decent, but not audiophile quality, but I should be able to note the distinction you seem to hear. I did remark in my review/comments on this (I bought it the day it came out) that the sound engineer should have amplified her voice where she talks between songs, as it's too hard to hear her sometimes. Maybe it's better on the DD track. Her vocals are fine, but her solo speaking parts are hard to hear. (But, her jokes are bad, so it's not much missed.)

·
Registered
28,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by eweiss
(the Dolby Digital track is 748 or 448 -- I can't recall)
It would be 448 in that case. Dolby Digital doesn't go up to 748.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.