Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

1) Can someone, who is really HAPPY with their AKAI publish their final settings in the SERVICE MENU as well as an ORIGINAL VALUES.

2) What brightness, contrast, sharpness, tint, and saturations values are you using?

Thank you in advance,

Dimitry

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DimaM
Hello,

1) Can someone, who is really HAPPY with their AKAI publish their final settings in the SERVICE MENU as well as an ORIGINAL VALUES.

2) What brightness, contrast, sharpness, tint, and saturations values are you using?

Thank you in advance,

Dimitry

Yes, this would be great. I have been going through all the threads and by now see too much variation in the different settings recommendations to be sure I would'nt make the banding/clayface problem worse. If anyone has some definitive numbers this would help us who are trying to get started out. I also just ordered Digital Video Essentials and will be using that as well. The first thing I did was use the THX optimizer and am kind of happy with the results but I still have the halos/banding and faces that look like the early AI robots. This doesn't happen on everything I view (dvd) but mostly on older dvd's and the full screen ones. New dvd's like LOR, StarWars, Fast/Furious are OK. Overall I am happy with the AKAI I just want it perfect.

My equipment

Akai 4294

JVC XV-N50BK

Adelphia Digital Cable SA3000 box

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.