AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone notice a low high pitch buzz or hum coming from the unit when it is powered on?

The first unit I bought had this intolerable problem. The exchanged unit came with the same problem. I was wondering if this problem was found on other units.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cctsai
Does anyone notice a low high pitch buzz or hum coming from the unit when it is powered on?

The first unit I bought had this intolerable problem. The exchanged unit came with the same problem. I was wondering if this problem was found on other units.
Very faint on mine...almost unnoticeable. If you turn down the volume all the way and listen closly within 3 feet, I can here a buzz. Under normal circumstances of watching a show, no issue for me.

Will

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The two units I have tried sent out very loud hum/buzz pitch. I needed to turn the volume up to 17 to cover the noise. The distance between me and TV set was about 10 feet apart.

Though the store had no problem in taking back my returns, I did not want to try the third unit till I was sure it was not normal having this kind of problem. It was quite a job to unpack and pack the unit.

I did search on the internet about this issue. I found a post, in another user forum, bringing out the same question. Unfortunately, there was no answer on that to help me.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
My first one buzzed quite loudly, probably like yours. The second one was very quiet. You had to be under 2' away with the sound off to hear it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.