Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Anyone out there have any experience with the Aktis RC8000 that comes with the Denon 5803?

I read the user reviews on Remote Central, but they are all about three years old, and predate the release of software, that was, at least at that time, yet to be made available.

I've been thinking of getting one of these Universal remotes, but have no idea which one to choose. However, since I plan to upgrade to the replacement for the 5803 when it comes out, I thought it might be best just to wait for that since I realized it has a universal remote included.

It probably doesn't have to be the latest or greatest since it's included...unless, of course I can buy the receiver without it for the price difference less, and there are better choices out there.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
The thing is that the Aktis is much less customizable and, if bought seperately, more expensive, that affects its popularity. It also means a smaller user base that means less people to share with. Since the Aktis sw is downloadable http://www.usa.denon.com/aktis/downloads.asp I would say give it a try and see if it can do what you want

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Anthony, I'll check it out...

The thing is, I'm not even sure what it is I want, other than to make life less, not more, complicated...:)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why dumb?...because you can't purchase the charger without paying for the RF as well?

I'd only get one if it comes free with the 5803/replacement, and I can't buy it for less without the remote....I read somewhere the Charger RF is included.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pics, BTW...what model are the grayscale images from?

I'm looking at the color Pronto Pro review...very cool.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the pics, BTW...what model are the grayscale images from?
the two on either side are for the TSU-3000. The one in the middle is the TS-1000/TSU-2000. The 3000 has 16 shades of gray the previous models have 4 shades. The one on the right is direct from the remote, so should give you a good idea of what it can do. The two others are from the PC editor. I have not used a 3000 yet, but the image on a 2000/1000 don't tend to look as good as on the editor. (the screen is not white, so all the grays tend to be shifted a bit)

Quote:
I'm looking at the color Pronto Pro review...very cool.
if you go with color you might want to wait for the TSU-7000 coming out around Christmas. HTM is also releasing a color remote called the MX-3000

http://www.remotecentral.com/wn030901.htm
http://www.remotecentral.com/wn030812.htm

Quote:
Why dumb?...because you can't purchase the charger without paying for the RF as well?
no. functionally it does not make sense to me.

RF base needs to communicate with the equipment (wired), so it needs to be near the equipment.

charger you need to put remote on it, so that means it needs to be either near the remote so it needs to be at the seating position (leave it on charger when not in use) or near the entrance way (pick up remote when going in the room, put it back down when leaving)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again, Anthony...your answers have been quite helpful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.