Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the game in HD for anyone?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind... WLTX in Columbia just switched over.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The CBS OTA looks okay... long distance and fast action shots aren't great,

but close ups are awesome.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Why locals continue to multicast alongside live 1080i sports in ridiculous. I usually switch to my smaller HDTV monitor for CBS sports. The bigger the screen, the bigger the "banding motion" artifacts. My source is ota, and cable. My local CBS (WLTX-DT) took 41 minutes to even switch to the HD feed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
yeah is that what it is called??..."banding motion artifacts"??..when there is distortion in rapid movements??..cos I get lots of that, makes the high defenition image look dirty and it kind of defeats the purpose. Quite annoying, what causes this?????

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Here in NYC I don't there is no multicasting going on and I thought it was the worst CBS SEC HD game I've seen in my 2 years as an HD viewer. The scoreboard seemed to blur in and out. Long distance shots seemed to do the same. Hell, on the camera that seemed to be trained on Coach Shula he looked in focus....but the outer right side of the visual was blurry. There was also noticeable shimmering on the crowd shots at various times.

Weird.....

Source/Viewing equipment:

OTA via a Hughes E86 receiver on a 50" Toshiba RPTV.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

Originally posted by jaypb

Here in NYC I don't there is no multicasting going on and I thought it was the worst CBS SEC HD game I've seen in my 2 years as an HD viewer. The scoreboard seemed to blur in and out. Long distance shots seemed to do the same. Hell, on the camera that seemed to be trained on Coach Shula he looked in focus....but the outer right side of the visual was blurry. There was also noticeable shimmering on the crowd shots at various times.

Yeah, and Alabama lost too. Not good!!

]

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Look very nice here in phoenix, but my HD Tivo stopped recording it after an hour, with no rhyme or reason on why. :(

·
Registered
275 Posts
I noticed that when the play clock appeared on the screen, the scoreboard would jump to right (into the 4:3 frame). Then the play clock would disappear, and the scoreboard would jump back to the left. Very annoying seeing the scoreboard move back and forth.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Game looked great on Comcast in Atlanta. I saw the best HD cheerleader action ever. There was this one scene in what appeared to be an hd skycam? ( i didn't think cbs had this). So the picture was up in the air focusing on the Vol cheerleaders and the girls were standing on shoulders posing in a very revealing fashion. Slow pan of open skirts, split legs, and orange panties. Kudos to that cameraman. :)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Originally posted by Carl Jones

But I'm here to tell ya, Bama was in this game, other than the first possession debacle, and ALMOST won it with a third-string QB and second-string RB. The Vols should be ashamed of their effort at home. Next year we should kill them at Tuscaloosa.

Wolfie

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie

But I'm here to tell ya, Bama was in this game, other than the first possession debacle, and ALMOST won it with a third-string QB and second-string RB. The Vols should be ashamed of their effort at home. Next year we should kill them at Tuscaloosa.

Wolfie
I hope next year brings more & better HD & Crimson Tide!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Not sure if it was evident from the broadcast since I forgot to Tivo, but it was very overcast and gloomy at the game on Saturday. Lighting makes all the difference in HD, thus the conditions weren't the greatest to begin with. It sounds as though it was reflected in the PQ.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Quote:

[B

........ The Vols should be ashamed of their effort at home. Next year we should kill them at Tuscaloosa.

Wolfie [/b]
LOL, whatever, LOL

·
Registered
231 Posts
Quote:

Wolfie
Too bad this wasn't horshoes, or almost would have counted :)

I'm one of the rare tidefans that doesn't make excuses.

We lost, that is as simple as it gets.

I guess our only home game in HD this year will be the Iron Bowl.

b

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.