AVS Forum banner

6681 - 6700 of 6742 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
The station is back up, and working. :)

It would be nice to have a timetable for all the Channel station hopping that is going to happen. It's great having Antenna TV back. Anymore stations coming back or switching channels?

·
Registered
498 Posts
The station is back up, and working. :)

It would be nice to have a timetable for all the Channel station hopping that is going to happen. It's great having Antenna TV back. Anymore stations coming back or switching channels?
Whatever others might know........ I'm only aware of the "ION" switch coming in the Spring. Meanwhile Movies! (as previously reported) will NOT be going to WYBN. Hopefully they'll find another affiliate.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Who knows..... 14.3 has been playing musical subs, however this is the first time all week it's been dark...along with 14.6

·
Registered
667 Posts
Whatever others might know........ I'm only aware of the "ION" switch coming in the Spring. Meanwhile Movies! (as previously reported) will NOT be going to WYBN. Hopefully they'll find another affiliate.
What's the ION switch? Is it "good" or "bad"? Movies! would have been nice. WYBN needs to get its system working better.

Any info on WNYA? They need some tweaking to bring in a stronger signal.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
What's the ION switch?
The Katz networks (Laff, Grit, Mystery, CourtTV and Bounce) will be moving to WYPX whenever their current affiliation deals expire.

So far it only started happening in markets like NYC, LA, Philly and some others where the ABC O&O stations carry Laff since they were the launch partners so their contracts are expiring soon.

In the Albany DMA, Nexstar has Mystery, Laff and Bounce, while Grit and CourtTV are with WFNY-CD. I'd expect Grit and CourtTV to move first since many of their deals with LPTV and Class A stations are short term, but it will probably be a while before the Nexstar deal expires. They didn't mention a year for the Nexstar expiration, but Katz's contract with Univision was signed the same year and that one doesn't expire until 2024.

Check my posts from earlier this week on the previous pages:
Also keep in mind WNYA is still broadcasting from a temporary antenna about 100 feet lower on the tower, so what you're seeing right now is not what their final signal will be like.
WNYA provided an update in their Quarterly progress report today. Their manufacturer Dielectric told them the equipment should arrive in February, and they hope to have a tower crew scheduled to complete the work in March or April depending on the weather and other circumstances.

·
Registered
127 Posts
What's the ION switch? Is it "good" or "bad"? Movies! would have been nice. WYBN needs to get its system working better.

NYA has been breaking up frequently after the big storm. I miss my Trek! XXA not as bad but also breaking up sometimes after the storm. NYT has been fine the last week but they too were breaking up about 2 weeks ago, right after the big storm.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Along with all the day to day hurdles that WYBN faces --- has anyone noticed a drop in their signal from this past weekend?? I seem to be having a problem receiving them on my downstairs TV, whereas the upstairs TV gets it fine (except I can't check signal strength on it).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Along with all the day to day hurdles that WYBN faces --- has anyone noticed a drop in their signal from this past weekend?? I seem to be having a problem receiving them on my downstairs TV, whereas the upstairs TV gets it fine (except I can't check signal strength on it).
They vary in signal strength here. It could be weather related and/or technical. I have an antenna I could install that is a high gain uhf only. It is supposed to have higher gain than my combo antenna for uhf. I've held off installing it until they get their house in order. If and when all the promises are fullfilled, it would then be worth it for me.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm wondering if this makes any sense.

I had posted the question about WYBN not coming in as well as usual. Here's what I found out.
Last weekend I replaced my upstairs TV. It was a standard (non "smart") Samsung set from several years ago. About two months ago, I replaced my Channel Master pre-amp, with the new Televes Dual Output unit. Everything was fine...and I've been learning the quirks of the Televes. Shortly after I installed the new TV, which is an Insignia "smart" TV, WYBN & WFNY started acting strange. These two stations are the weakest ones I get. The injector on the Televes has two outputs (for two TV's). As it turns out, when both outputs are connected (one to the upstairs TV and the other going downstairs) the signal strength to WYBN on the DOWNSTAIRS TV drops below 40% and won't even lock! Upstairs, it's solid! If I unhook the UPSTAIRS coax from the Televes, WYBN is back to 60% downstairs.

I ended up stabilizing the signal by attaching a splitter to the Televes injector, so now there's only ONE output being utilized by the Televes, and the splitter connects the coax to each TV. Keep in mind........ this was NOT NECESSARY when the older TV was connected upstairs! Somehow, connecting the new set, screwed it up! Does that make ANY sense to anyone???

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm wondering if this makes any sense.

I had posted the question about WYBN not coming in as well as usual. Here's what I found out.
Last weekend I replaced my upstairs TV. It was a standard (non "smart") Samsung set from several years ago. About two months ago, I replaced my Channel Master pre-amp, with the new Televes Dual Output unit. Everything was fine...and I've been learning the quirks of the Televes. Shortly after I installed the new TV, which is an Insignia "smart" TV, WYBN & WFNY started acting strange. These two stations are the weakest ones I get. The injector on the Televes has two outputs (for two TV's). As it turns out, when both outputs are connected (one to the upstairs TV and the other going downstairs) the signal strength to WYBN on the DOWNSTAIRS TV drops below 40% and won't even lock! Upstairs, it's solid! If I unhook the UPSTAIRS coax from the Televes, WYBN is back to 60% downstairs.

I ended up stabilizing the signal by attaching a splitter to the Televes injector, so now there's only ONE output being utilized by the Televes, and the splitter connects the coax to each TV. Keep in mind........ this was NOT NECESSARY when the older TV was connected upstairs! Somehow, connecting the new set, screwed it up! Does that make ANY sense to anyone???
I believe that one connection is from amp(mast mounted unit) and goes to the injector only. The output of the injector is what feeds the televisions. The splitter makes sense when using more than one tv, hooked up to injector output instead of the tv when using more than one tv. All tvs would then use the splitter outputs. The other two on the mast mounted unit are inputs from the antennas. I don't think the 4rth one is used for anything. Djbrian is the man when it comes to televes stuff.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I believe that one connection is from amp(mast mounted unit) and goes to the injector only. The output of the injector is what feeds the televisions. The splitter makes sense when using more than one tv, hooked up to injector output instead of the tv when using more than one tv. All tvs would then use the splitter outputs. The other two on the mast mounted unit are inputs from the antennas. I don't think the 4rth one is used for anything. Djbrian is the man when it comes to televes stuff.
The Televes is pretty simple. One output (two in) at the mast, and one INPUT, two out, at the injector. The thing is, one output on injector is marked "aux" and the other "main". On the older TV, I utilized both (as per the instructions), but signal-wise that doesn't fly with the new TV.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Televes is pretty simple. One output (two in) at the mast, and one INPUT, two out, at the injector. The thing is, one output on injector is marked "aux" and the other "main". On the older TV, I utilized both (as per the instructions), but signal-wise that doesn't fly with the new TV.
So the other connection is an auxiliary output, good to know. Hopefully someone can shed light on it why it is not working properly for you. I'd like to know as well as I am considering buying one.

·
Registered
498 Posts
So the other connection is an auxiliary output, good to know. Hopefully someone can shed light on it why it is not working properly for you. I'd like to know as well as I am considering buying one.
Yes. Well at least it's fine when just one output is connected.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I wonder what the reason would be? And I wonder what the timeline is. COZI site still has YBN as affiliate.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I wonder what the reason would be? And I wonder what the timeline is. COZI site still has YBN as affiliate.
Okay. As I reply to my own question, I see that it was announced officially on YBN's FB page....but it doesn't say when. Retro moving to 14.2

6681 - 6700 of 6742 Posts