AVS Forum banner

6881 - 6900 of 6933 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
@NYota1 , GetTV's been on for several weeks now, but still no guide data. Can you email over there and find out if something's wrong or if they just forgot? :p

I wish Dan would put Retro back on 14.2 and Fun Roads on 14.6 as it's supposed to be. I'm not saying this because of the bandwidth issues, but because I (think I helped to) get all the guide providers updated but now they're switched!
I sent an email. We'll see if they answer!
Yes I wish Dan would have left Retro where it was too. But I'm not surprised. 14.6 doesn't look good, and I was thinking before Fun Roads was added, that if he put them on 14.6 nobody would want to watch it!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I like this one and it has GetTV.

·
Registered
229 Posts
14.6 gone again, retro back on 14.4. how long is it going to take to put fun roads on 14.6 and retro on 14.2? And whatever happened to the updated mux that he said he got in November that was to be installed by January....

·
Registered
555 Posts
14.6 gone again, retro back on 14.4. how long is it going to take to put fun roads on 14.6 and retro on 14.2?
I would not plan on Retro EVER going back to 14.2! The promos he runs for Retro, say 14.6 I'm sure he wants "FR" to have a decent bitrate.

·
Registered
95 Posts
WFNY has shunted the "billboard" 1440 music feed to 16.9 and says new programming will be arriving on 16.3 soon.
That stinks. I actually like the station. They don’t stream online so this was a nice way to be able to hear it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Checked out WFNY so here's the latest:

16.1 local. When I checked on Thursday they were playing the 1950 movie Cyrino de Bergerac. It was pillar boxed but the pillars were gray and not black so it was coming from a widescreen feed. I waited for commercials I didn't see any so I'm not sure where it was originating from.

16.2 The Country Network (16:9)
16.3 AMG (4:3)
16.4 YouToo America (16:9)
16.5 Biz TV (16:9)
16.6 ShopLC (16:9)
16.7 AMG (4:3)
16.8 NTD News (16:9)
16.9 WFNY radio and the computer billboard (16:9)

Of course, once again, kudos to them for actually caring about aspect ratios and having really good equipment to keep pixelation at a minimum on all the channels. My only complaint is the bug that's on the screen all the time with their call letters.

I remember Dan at WYBN saying that he got a new muxer in September, and that it would have been installed by January...

TiVo fixed all the 55's so they have the proper programming and logos, and fixed get TV for 13.4. Over the air though it still says get programming, any word on what's going on there?

I got an email from someone at WZPJ that says there will be two sub channels soon. They just got a new computer that can handle it, the person told me. When you watch it now you see the All Sports Network freeze up all the time. This computer is supposed to fix that. The guy wouldn't tell me which networks they'll be adding. I rescan everyday to see.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Checked out WFNY so here's the latest:

16.1 local. When I checked on Thursday they were playing the 1950 movie Cyrino de Bergerac. It was pillar boxed but the pillars were gray and not black so it was coming from a widescreen feed. I waited for commercials I didn't see any so I'm not sure where it was originating from.
Mike plays those movies "in house". He told me a long time ago he has a big collection of classics and intended to run them from time to time. And yes....he plays them ad free!

·
Registered
229 Posts
WZPJ added subchannels as promised! Not sure what networks yet, not home now. Someone please update, I'm dying to know and won't be home until tomorrow 😉

·
Registered
555 Posts
WZPJ added subchannels as promised! Not sure what networks yet, not home now. Someone please update, I'm dying to know and won't be home until tomorrow 😉
Yes they have! But some are having issues.

5.1* - ACE TV (The Commish; Wiseguy; Bonanza; Beverly Hillbillies; Tarzan... & others)
5.2 - RNTV (outdoor stuff??)
5.3 - ASN (moved from 5.1) and on my main TV, is also noted as CTV2!!!???
5.4 - color bars -TBA
* frozen image!
5.2 was frozen for awhile too.

I wish one of them had been Movies! :confused:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Pretty much all secondary networks for WZPJ I would say. That's funny about the ASN moniker! I remember now from years back that the Atlantic provinces had different designations for their networks that the rest of the country.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Everything WZPJ has run besides their Intrigue programming has been freezing up all the time for the last month. I'm not sure what the issue is because it looks like the picture quality is decent from their equipment. Obviously they're still working on it as well, all the stations are being sent 480i, 4:3. Looks like Ace is a 4:3 station, RNTV and ASN are 16:9.

What's with these really really low-power stations having a bug on the screen the whole time? WFNY and WZPJ now. Wonder when WBAX will "leap" up the mountain, and is WVBG on yet?

Lastly, still no psip guide data for Get TV. Any word back from WNYT?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Stations rarely program the PSIP listings on the local level, many times they use a 3rd party guide data supplier like Gracenote/TMS, Rovi/Tivo or FYI to populate it. Gracenote added an entry for WNYTDT4 2 days ago, usually it takes a few weeks before newly created entries trickle down to the platforms that use them for guide data.

The 24/7 bug might be station ID related if they are running a barebones operation that isn't capable of doing top of the hour insertions. Like the last time someone got a screenshot of it, the central LI repeater of WLNY had "WLIG-LP Plainview" overlayed 24/7.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Stations rarely program the PSIP listings on the local level, many times they use a 3rd party guide data supplier like Gracenote/TMS, Rovi/Tivo or FYI to populate it. Gracenote added an entry for WNYTDT4 2 days ago, usually it takes a few weeks before newly created entries trickle down to the platforms that use them for guide data.

The 24/7 bug might be station ID related if they are running a barebones operation that isn't capable of doing top of the hour insertions. Like the last time someone got a screenshot of it, the central LI repeater of WLNY had "WLIG-LP Plainview" overlayed 24/7.
My Tivo, which is of course linked to a service that provides guide data, has GetTV now. My Android TV box does not. I am referring specifically to what's being sent OTA through PSIP from WNYT. As of now it still says "GetTV Programming". Wondering what is the reason they haven't been able to get the data to pass through. It usually is never an issue for the big stations. WTEN had no problem with Cozi and Antenna working pretty much the next day.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Android TV uses Gracenote for data, so it will be added there when the newly created WNYTDT4 entry is added to all the zip code specific OTA lineups over the next few weeks. I'm guessing WNYT either uses Gracenote or FYI to populate their PSIP data since neither of them had entries for WNYT's 4th subchannel.

In WTEN's case, those replaced existing subchannels that have been around for over a decade, so no new guide data entries were required from the suppliers. Like for Gracenote, they just had to tell them the date and time that WTENDT2 switched from GetTV to Cozi and WTENDT3 switched from True Crime to Antenna.

6881 - 6900 of 6933 Posts