AVS Forum banner

6921 - 6933 of 6933 Posts

·
Registered
17,494 Posts
Can anyone confirm whether the WNYT DRT on 45 in Glens Falls is still operating on that channel?

Thanks.

- Trip

·
Registered
202 Posts
And now Bounce is 55.2, CourtTV 55.3, Grit 55.4. and Bounce is still on 23.4. And Bounce looks better on 23.4, but of course less subchannels on 23. Who knows now long they'll be duplicated.

Streamable is reporting Newsy is being added soon to Scripps Ion stations. Don't know if it is an add or replacement.

·
Registered
555 Posts
"Ace" is now on 16.1 - WFNY. It's also on 5.1 but the WZPJ feed is frozen most of the time, and the screen ratio is cropped.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I sent updates to TiVo for WYBN to swap Fun Roads with RetroTV since they've decided to put Fun Roads on 14.2.

WZPJ confirmed AceTV for 5.1, Right Now TV for 5.2, and All Sports Network for 5.3. It was off today for a little while and it's back on now, and it's not locking up anymore. Well, 5.1 and 5.2 aren't. 5.3 has audio/video sync issues still. 5.4 color bars is gone, although Frank told me they are looking for another network for it. He also mentioned Intrigue programming will be aired evenings on 5.1 which is probably why they have that lockdown at 16:9 now (which is annoying because AceTV stretches 4:3 shows so I can't squish it back on my newer TVs. Also, my TiVo says it's 576i...?). My Android tuner can't show picture on any of them, and only sound on 5.1 and 5.2.

WNYT on West Mountain is on right now on RF 45 and RF 28. They must be preparing to shut down RF 45, I'm guessing. All I know is right now I'm getting five WNYT's! (12, 18, 28, 35, 45).

·
Registered
555 Posts
The last time I spoke to Mike at WFNY (and we were talking about AceTV) he said the rep for the channel didn't even seem to know that they were already on WZPJ! -- claiming that they didn't even have a contract! So the question is...will any conflicts arise with Ace being overlapped in the market?

Ace doesn't look bad on WFNY. It has the same ratio as most programs on Decades does. It obviously looks cropped on 5.1, like COZI did when it was on WYBN.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Frank at WZPJ emailed me back this morning, says yesterday a new mux was installed, is aware of the synching issues, and that "We have people all over the world working on this!" :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Frank at WZPJ emailed me back this morning, says yesterday a new mux was installed, is aware of the synching issues, and that "We have people all over the world working on this!" :)
Does the synching issue mean that everything is moving in slow motion? Ace looks awful at 16:9 and I see 5.4 has vanished.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does the synching issue mean that everything is moving in slow motion? Ace looks awful at 16:9 and I see 5.4 has vanished.
5.1 is stretched and is annoying, I agree. Last I checked 5.2 and 5.3 should be coded as 16:9 but aren't, but they looked decent to me, at least on the tuners I tested them on. I do have tuners that cannot synch on WZPJ, and some won't tune WYBN either.

I had to rescan the TVs to be able to see it -- it wouldn't just work, and they're coming up as 486i on one of my TVs, and that one is only picture and no sound. Another tuner I have I get sound but no picture. Sounds like they're still a ways to get it right!

6921 - 6933 of 6933 Posts