AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get the bugs out of my OTA system in time for the Superbowl next weekend. I have an Samsung SIR-T150 box with 1.8 firmware. Getting a lot of drop out and pixelation at times from 13.1. 6 bars on the strength meter but the cursor above on the strength meter shows signal strength near half. Very slow tuning on 13.1 as well. Every time it drops out the signal meter goes to zero.

7.1 also a bit slow but less so. The rest work perfectly. All seem to be showing similar signal strength. Most have 7 bars, 4.1, 7.1, and 13.1 have 6 with an occasional flicker to 7.

I'm located in the North Valley off Rio Grande, just south of Alameda. Perfect line of sight to the towers. Should be a great reception area.

I'm pretty sure I've got the antenna pointed straight at the towers. Should it be pointed differently for 7.1 or 13.1? Do I need to update the firmware in the box to eliminate these problems? Is is possible some how the signal is too strong? Should I aim to one side of the towers or the other?

Would appreciate any help some of you more experienced local guys could give me. My local Albuquerque phone number is 890-0310. Thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Dan

Is that a Samsung box? I think there's an issue with some Samsung boxes and the encoder that KRQE is using. Maybe someone with more knowledge about the specific problem will chime in. Superbowl party at my house if you don't get it working.

good luck

Pete

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pete, yes it is a Samsung SIR-T150 with firmware v1.8. The only thing I've heard about that is that the firmware version of 2.0 for this box will not work with some older equipment at the stations. Is that the issue you've heard?

Anybody I can call in the local group who might be able to help?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.