AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
In the beginning it was not in HD, but after the first commercial they flipped the switch and it is 5.1.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The wierd thing is that the very first couple of seconds were in HD... then they lost it until coming out of the first commercial break -- dunno if the feed broke or not, but clearly it was more than just a "forgotten" flip

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
If this was just a problem for Bev customers, I called the Boston MCO during the first commercial break and asked him to reset the HD encoder. I guess he did. :)

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
It was breathtaking in San Francisco/San Jose/Oakland.

I watched for the first time ever by outputting 720p and for the third-time ever on the Sanyo Z1.

Holy wow!

And what a show.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Spoilers below if you haven't watched yet......

What was up with the last 2 minutes of the show? Sydney passes out after shooting Francy. Wakes up in Hong Kong back street alley then is told by Vaughn who is now married to someone else that she's been missing for 2 years? Guess they have to create sub-plots for next season somehow.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It's been speculated that the Rambaldi machine is some sort of time machine. Somehow Sydney got sent 2 years into the future.

It's also speculated that Sloan, in the future, will go back in time and becomes Rambaldi himself!! That would explain alot of the advanced technologies and prophesized dates.

As usual, you can find my pics here .

I usually don't include subtitles, but I get the feeling you guys will like this one.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
nah, it's my believe that syd got a kid judging by that x-filish scar...and that kid..is her mother....?;~)

Darius

·
Registered
891 Posts
The two years thing is mild compared to the post-superbowl reboot of the show. Personally, I think it's cool -- things were getting too comfortable, with Syd and Vaugn's relationship, Will moving up the CIA ladder, Syd giving her dad a kiss, etc etc. With Vaugn being married now it'll reintroduce the sexual tension between them, her relationships with everyone will be interesting again, but the premise of the show will remain the same.

What I'm wondering is if they'll start next season right after the fight (which was un-freakin-believable by the way) and show how the 2 years passed, or only show and explain it in small flashbacks. I'm hoping for the former.

Word to the Rambaldi device being a time machine, they've been hinting at that since he's been a part of show -- they strongly implied that Rambaldi himself was the one that was shot by the sniper as Syd visited him midway through the first season, so if Sloan has it working, it could certainly explain the two years. Though her scars being healed imply some time passing...

And WOW, looked great in HD, in a feeble attempt to stay on-topic. :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
DTLE: "It's been speculated that the Rambaldi machine..." - where do these speculations occur?

Wife was thinking that next YEAR (not just a few eps) will be covering the entire missing timeframe. I don't think they are going to be moving forward at all in this new time arc. IMHO...

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
we kinda thought the same thing (two years being a dream), but that seems too cheesy. I like the time machine theory.

My wife and I were happy to know the cliffhanger was not Vaughn dying this year. This guy gets knocked off more times than Kenny.

·
Registered
423 Posts
maybe not a dream, but could be that sidney's under some kind of mind control by sloane. just like will was.

bob

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Sydney will spend the next season doing a flashback of the "missing" 2 years. During this time she becomes the "evil" Sydney per Rimbaldi's prophecy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.