AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an AC concert from netflix today. (hd-dvd) The pq is very good and the mix is solid. I am a casual fan of his and enjoyed watching this show. I wish more concerts would be released. I know there are some others out there but not nearly enough.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I remember seeing Allice Cooper a couple of times when he was with the original Alice Cooper band, before they hit it big. I'm talking about in the late 60s or early 70s in St. Louis County, in clubs holdinga couple of hundred people. He had the stage act with guilotines and such even then. I remember them doing Ballad of Dwight Fry. This must have been right after the Love it to Death album came out, but just before they exploded into a super group. Anyway, Ballad of Dwight Fry starts off with the litlle girl going, 'Mommy, where's Daddy? He's been gone so long. Is he ever coming home?' From the album, it sounds like a real five year old girl talking. But when that bit came, the drummer did the child's voice. A friend and me looked at each other in amazement, and burst out laughing. We couldn't believe that wasn't an actual child. To this day I consider those perhaps the best concerts I've ever been to.

They were a great group, and I think Love it to Death and Killer two of the all time classic rock albums. The orignal Alice Cooper group was great, far better then is generally recognized today. In fact they were probably better then almost any current rock group.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Ill be ordering this HDDVD as well would like to see it at a B&M store. But amazon may be the ticket. I've got all his DVDs including this one. Defenitly worth the upgrade.... hopfully some of his older stuff will show up on HD-DVD, brutally live was great as well as welcome to my nightmare and nice to see you again alice cooper. Although I don't know how well the last would tranzlate to HDDVD as the the DVD was fairly poor PQ during the hilarious movie that was inbeaded with in the concert...

Alice cooper
rime cuts would be very good if updated it a great look back on alice as seen from the early 90s. But as any cooper fan knows. He still a very strong fource. Still touring and putiing out a album every 1-2 years.his last being Dirty Diamonds great album that is starting to go back to his great 70s style work. Athough not qwite their. His next album should be even better as his 2000s albums have been getting better and better.

Hey alice come to MN won't ya I'd love to see it..

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just watched Alice Cooper Montreux 2005 and was blown away by the 3d effect that the HD-DVD transfer had. I know it was recorded in HD and I was glad that the transfer didn't ruin the PQ quality. I thought it looked more 3d than the Eagles or Cream. The AQ was also first rate. As to the performance, well ... the band isn't like the Alice Cooper Band from the early to mid 70's. Not to say they were bad, just not as good as the original. Maybe that's just my memory talking regarding the original band. I sure would like to see Alice Cooper get back with the remaining members and tour. So until then, I'd recommend this HD-DVD to anyone who likes Alice Cooper or the genre for the PQ 3d effect. Also, I'd recommend this as a tier one movie.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I also have this on my Netflix list.

And I'm also not a big Alice Cooper fan, but he does but on great shows. Looking forward to this one!

I wish for more concerts as well. I'm really into groups with BIG sound. Muse is a group that blows me away live everytime, as well do the sound on their DVD's. Their Wembly Stadium concert this summer is confirmed to be shot in HD 1080p, and their on Warner's label. Perhaps a release for later this year on HD!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.