AVS Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Review scores are coming in with an 80 Metacritic and 79 OpenCritic rating. Pros include tight gameplay and incredible visuals, while the common complaint seems to be the gameplay being a bit short and repetitive.

Can't wait to give it a go, unfortunately I am going to be out of town all week so I won't be able to try it out until next week :(.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Review scores are coming in with an 80 Metacritic and 79 OpenCritic rating. Pros include tight gameplay and incredible visuals, while the common complaint seems to be the gameplay being a bit short and repetitive.

Can't wait to give it a go, unfortunately I am going to be out of town all week so I won't be able to try it out until next week :(.
If I remember right. Wasn't dead nation short too?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Played for 2 hours last night. I was running the Tank with friend as a medic. I made it level 5 after completing 4 missions.

The gameplay is very fun. Loving a lot of twin stick shooters, this wasn't a surprise. The game runs extremely smoothly and looks great.

The loot drops and upgrade system seems really well thought out and the fact you can back out character upgrades and go with a different loadout makes trying everything simple.

I see a lot of this game in my future.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Abaddon

·
Registered
847 Posts
I played Helldivers and liked it quite a lot. Seems to be in the same realm of gameplay? 4 player online co-op? Might have to pick it up if I can pick it up for 10-15 minutes at a time and play with 3 other randoms to finish a level?

·
Registered
942 Posts
If I remember right. Wasn't dead nation short too?
Can't wait to get home and PLAY!

I don't feel Dead Nation was short. Perhaps on its easiest mode, but is brutal in the most difficult mode. Plus it's just a lot of fun in co-op mode with a good friend at your side and cold beers at hand. A lot of replay value that way. I probably have more time playing Dead Nation than any other game except Warhawk.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I played Helldivers and liked it quite a lot. Seems to be in the same realm of gameplay? 4 player online co-op? Might have to pick it up if I can pick it up for 10-15 minutes at a time and play with 3 other randoms to finish a level?
Yes, drop in drop out online co-op (couch in development say devs). Missions can take a tad longer than 15 minutes.

Similar style as Helldivers but more frenetic and no friendly fire (though explosions hurt).

Has some Diablo RPG elements with loot and weapon upgrades and stat rerolls.

Overall a pretty solid $20 game.

I went past my Warhawk game time with Helldivers. Over 600 hours. I don't see this being as addictive for me. Grinding for the absolute best gear was never too fun for me. I liked Helldivers because it didn't have that grind and the chaos and firefights were where it shined. Playing a Helldive mission was always a unique one off experience. Here with the linear story there may not me a whole lot left for someone like me not into the gear grind after finishing it s few times. Though for $18 (pre order discount) I am easily getting a good return on my entertainment $. It is fun!

Reactions: Poolshark69

·
Registered
778 Posts
Is ammo unlimited?
No, limited but there are lots of pickups in mission. It does require some resource management at times. Also, once acquired, secondary and heavy weapons ease ammo strain. As a tank my main gun had 400 ammo and found myself down to less than 100 rounds a few times. The plasma shotgun secondary I picked up held 40 and helps to to conserve main gun ammo.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Is ammo unlimited?
No, limited but there are lots of pickups in mission. It does require some resource management at times. Also, once acquired, secondary and heavy weapons ease ammo strain. As a tank my main gun had 400 ammo and found myself down to less than 100 rounds a few times. The plasma shotgun secondary I picked up held 40 and helps to to conserve main gun ammo.

Good to know. Thank you. I purchased the game first thing this morning and was curious. Not an issue either way. Game looks like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm really liking this game. Two thumbs up from this stubby fingered vulgarian.

I had to remap the L1/L2 and R1/R2 buttons to match the defaults in Dead Nation. So far I've been playing single player and am up to level 6. I'm looking forward to having local co-op, too bad the game wasn't released with that option. :confused:

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I still need to pick this up. Not enough hours in the day to play the games I already have, haha, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Picked this up a few days ago. Really, really liking it. Much more my style than Nex Machina, which I also enjoy but get frustrated easily. Haha. Easily worth the money.

Been playing by myself, but if any of you still play it, I'd definitely rock some coop. My PSN ID is BiffCo.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts